The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
I'm hoping it happens. If it does I'll be part of it. But I'm not convinced there will be enough who care enough.
I think the only thing stopping mass protests is the pandemic and the rules surrounding protests but I believe there is enough of a groundswell amongst match going fans to want to make a stand on this, whether that's in the form of a protest or something else. You can tell from the poll on here that the vast majority of match-going fans are against this idea, and I suspect the numbers are similar amongst match-going fans at all the other clubs too. I think the clubs have misread this one spectacularly because if huge percentages of regular match-goers are saying they won't attend games in this competition then these games genuinely will be played in front of half empty stadia or worse. It's one thing a few hundred or a couple of thousand fans voting with their feet, as the clubs can probably find enough fans to take up the slack, but if tens of thousands do it there's not a chance any of these clubs - not even United or Liverpool with their huge global support bases - will be able to fill their stadiums. Don't get me wrong, I think a few dissenters will cave in over time as the hysteria dies down, but I honestly believe many fans will stick to their guns on this.

Just thought I'd see what the thoughts are of fans on a Man United Forum.

Surprise Surprise, they seem far more open to the idea than City fans. Idiots!

The cafe’s posters are majority nonMancs. Ie they aren’t the Legacy fans , and therefore they are the target audience.

If Spurs were top of the league and in the CL semis, there's not a chance he would've done that. He was getting sacked anyway so he's probably just used all this as an excuse to come out of it looking like the good guy for a change
Due to get £30million apparently for his contract being terminated.

It isn't going to happen. I must admit the sheer scale of the avarice behind the thinking leaves me cold, but a few European clubs taking on the might of Fifa, Eufa, and their respective domestic leagues is only going to end in isolation for the teams taking part.

Players will be barred from playing for their countries, and the teams involved will be expelled from their domestic leagues and cup competitions, which, in my view, doesn't leave anything interesting to watch. Playing European teams has always been an aside for me compared to the nitty gritty of playing domestic rivals.

If this does go ahead, I'll have no interest in it at all.

I'll not be paying £50 or whatever to watch a competition that will be boring beyond belief without any of the historical rivalries that are fundamental to the game being respected.

I'm disappointed we've agreed to go along with this. It's a new low as far as I'm concerned for our club.

They will have taken all that into account. They know the risk, they know their strength. Game over.

Just thought I'd see what the thoughts are of fans on a Man United Forum.

Surprise Surprise, they seem far more open to the idea than City fans. Idiots!

Look at the location, look at the way they phrase their sentences, mainly Americans. 7 pages to our 87 on the same topic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.