The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Well, you were a prodigious **** at the age of 4 then.

Besides nobody knew of Jenifer Aniston in the 70's, well bar her family and friends lol

Those dreams came after friends :)
Edge of puberty mate, friends on TV all the time...

im a rare one on here with the opinion it wont get up and running, we have only declaired our intention and nothing has been signed, this is now resulting in not national but worldwide condemnation,i think the presure to have it stopped will be to great for it to continue
I think something must have been signed for us to be a part of the founding club. I just hope its been planned very roughly and just have an official committee.

Think this will not happen
Personally I think it's to apply pressure on UEFA to alter the format of the champions league and do it in a way that distributes money on a certain basis.
UEFA will cave in and the idea will be scrapped.
They want to give UEFA a smack on the chin.

I hope the same, but from City's PoV the damage is done regardless.

Ceferin was warned, just as he was over the CAS case. But in both cases he thought his opponents were bluffing. I accept that two wrongs don't make a right but I don't think it is fair to blame City for what has happened here. I am pretty sure that City wanted to build bridges with UEFA (Khaldoon said as much) but they threw it back in our face (egged on by the cartel)
Yes, I partly agree re Ceferin and the warnings and he made the wrong call on that but I think City have equally made the wrong call on the SL, it seems to me to be a strategic error of judgement to be placing trust in the same clubs who've spent 10 years trying to shaft us.

Oh there is. It's still there in all it's glory, still in the hunt for 3 trophies, still with the best manager in the world and still with the best players in the world. Entering a new competition doesn't change any of that.
And after 127 years it's sold it's soul overnight and severed its links to its foundations. It's a totally different club now.

If we back out of this it will be like going out on the piss, telling everyone to fuck off and you hate them and you are better than them and then waking up the next day in the same house as them and having to live there. Truely bizzare. They won't back out, the damage is done.
nah i dont think so,all the club has to do is a statement simply saying we didnt realise the fans would have objected as strong as they have,the fans are our priority so we have decided to withdraw, and thats it all forgiven i think/hope :-)

I'm honest enough to say yes for myself, whatever ridicule that admittedly entails, etc?

I only care about City, we do what serves our best interests, whether that be this or something else.

Nobody gave a shit when Bury went to the wall and nobody gave a shit about City when we were mocked.

I would rather be pragmatic, than be left behind, as I think football has been holding on to some romantic image that hasn't existed for three decades.

I don't like change, but I know I have to accept it, or things in life will move on without me, whether I like it or not.

I respect those opinions of those who have a wider love of the game, but I won't be turning my back on the club.
The problem is, some want to be on the side of the angel’s when there’s none in the game.

Bayern Munich, Dortmund and PSG aren't having any of it at the moment.... but hey, the ESL will have The Arse and Spuds who are supposedly big clubs.... absolute dogshit, the grounds may be big and newish, but seriously, their teams are shite.

its like when the champions league was formed out of the old system of uefa european cup. many questioned it and still do. why should the top 4 play in the champions league it make no sense. well its happening again and this is why uefa will back it again. the leading clubs know if they don't somebody else will

the european super league will be uefa based when they realise if they don't back it what other option have they got. the champions league will be teams from the middle table teams in there leagues. the europa league will be championship teams at best or go completely

its a good move by the clubs really. it will force uefa hand because nobody was happy with the new format they was setting up and now they have no other option but to back it. the only big loser in this will the the league cup and it will be the last season its played with the top 6 clubs in it. after the final between city and spurs the league cup will be revamped to the under 23 teams and EDS

the more its settling in that its going to happen then am saying why not ?
only 6 to 8 teams will get into europe and the top 4 is pretty much the same year after year

so the premier league will have to change its top 4 and top 6 rewards but they are pretty much set in stone anyway
the super league will be offering a place to teams from big league winners. so there will be a much bigger carrot for teams like leicester and everton and others to go and win the title

we all hate champions league and uefa on bluemoon. this will be like saying fuck you we have been handed a place in the super league and a place on the board and a voice

champions league or super league well am backing super league

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.