The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
What's the maths on this?

If the ESL would generate more revenue than the Champions League and the Premier League, or it's close then, then we had no choice (a Premier League, CL without Real Madrid and Barclona will collapse).

I think City will be hoping this collapses and will exit if they suspect it will not get off the ground.
Dreadful, unprincipled snakes then...

I was dreaming of getting in Jennifer Aniston's knickers mate but each to their own.
Well, you were a prodigious **** at the age of 4 then.

Besides nobody knew of Jenifer Aniston in the 70's, well bar her family and friends lol

Those dreams came after friends :)

If we back out of this it will be like going out on the piss, telling everyone to fuck off and you hate them and you are better than them and then waking up the next day in the same house as them and having to live there. Truely bizzare. They won't back out, the damage is done.

What are the chances of City changing their minds on this. If we're on board due to pragmatism, and we see it's going to fail, surely we exit?

I can't see how it can get off the ground because it's not feasible as a league in its own right. It is feasible as a addition to the domestic league. And we are not going to be able to play in a domestic league.
im a rare one on here with the opinion it wont get up and running, we have only declaired our intention and nothing has been signed, this is now resulting in not national but worldwide condemnation,i think the presure to have it stopped will be to great for it to continue

Think this will not happen
Personally I think it's to apply pressure on UEFA to alter the format of the champions league and do it in a way that distributes money on a certain basis.
UEFA will cave in and the idea will be scrapped.
They want to give UEFA a smack on the chin.

Given all the issues we have had with UEFA it would have been a really strong message, because while UEFA have never missed the chance to screw us over, make no mistake the people we are siding with aren't anymore our friends than UEFA(and that might be the nicest thing I have ever posted about UEFA!)
It's worse than that.

It isn't UEFA who repeatedly tried to screw us, it's the G14 - in essence the very clubs we are seemingly buddying up with - that pressured UEFA into trying to screw us. Platini was very clear years ago that FFP was brought in as a direct result of pressure from the G14 and their threats to break away into a super league, were UEFA not to comply.

The likes of Rummenigge (fucked if I'm looking the spelling up) and Gill have had it in for us from the start and I don't see that changing any time ever, let alone soon.

The more I think about it the more likely I think that the SL teams (including City) actually want to be thrown out of their domestic leagues.

They can't quit as they would be taken to court and sued and, (in their deluded little worlds) they wouldn't want to look bad (LOL) by doing so.

However... getting thrown out? Well, there's their green light to go full on with the SL and cup competitions. Not only that but they'd then blame their respective leagues by saying that they wanted to stay in domestic competition but were thrown out so had no choice.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.