The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Agreed on the American influence and no promotion and relegation.

I think a concession could work on that?

Maybe protection for the two years for the supposed founder members but then promotion and relegation, offering the five extra places to highest placed teams in respective leagues?

I do think the group stages of Champs League are shite and if there was relegation and promotion after the first season or something, I would be cool with it.
The founder clubs have to be protected and compensated for taking the mountain of shit that’s coming their way for making this league happen. Imagine taking all the shit and then getting relegated? The ESL was always going to happen but it needs the founder clubs to be protected until an improved format can be agreed.

Government can cancel licenses to operate? I dont know how it works in UK but there is always ordinance that cab passed and courts can be kept away
There is basically no governance at all to english football. I suspect that technically government can take over the FA and exercise their powers but, as shown by the sky takover in the 1990s, their powers are useless too.

TEXT FROM Preston North End Football Club

We have noted with disappointment the suggestion that a European Super League be formed as a means of concentrating yet more wealth into the hands of the few.

Those English clubs who feel that such an attempt at a wealth power grab, thereby undermining and potentially destroying the English football pyramid, should look themselves in the mirror.

If one takes the status of these so called big six over a longer time frame than just the formation of the Premier League it would take a wise person to guess at who these so called top six are. Over a sustained historic period, the suggestion that these clubs have been at the forefront of domestic trophy winning or domination doesn’t stand the test of scrutiny.

Performance on the field of play with promotion and relegation and qualification for European competition based on winning football matches is a fundamental part of European football history.

Having just experienced the devastating financial impact of COVID on football finances, English football urgently needs a fairer distribution of monies throughout the Leagues not a money power grab by the self-appointed few. There is already a huge disparity between the finances available to the top 20 clubs rather the rest of the football pyramid and many are in dire financial straits. This breakaway could destroy nearly 150 years of football history for short term riches for the few.

The underlying principle that these breakaway clubs appear to have completely disregarded is that football is most importantly about its supporters. This European Super League plan has totally ignored their voice which is unacceptable.

We are looking to Government, FIFA, UEFA, The FA, The Premier League and the EFL to ensure that this proposal is stopped in its tracks and the future of the English game as a whole is secured.

Preston North End Football Club

And after 127 years it's sold it's soul overnight and severed its links to its foundations. It's a totally different club now.
It was a totally different club the second we submitted a £32.5m bid for Robinho, hours after securing a takeover nobody saw coming.

I dont get how this club and the others can be so oblivious now to the fall out

Heard nothing from them still. Embarrassing

Interested to see how klopp fields questions later

You aren't going to hear anything until everyone else has stopped talking.

You make an announcement.

Everyone reacts, from leagues to FA's to UEFA & FIFA, to governments (we are here)

You address the reaction.

Imagine a founding father ( what a load of carp that is by the way) finishes last every year. You get to see your team lose every week without consequence.

Bland boring greedy rubbish.

ESL Every Side Loses
They couldn’t give too fucks as long as the money rolls in same with fans they couldn’t care less if it’s in empty stadiums..

Creating a virtual closed shop and ensuring that there is only very limited access to other than the founders on an invitation only basis is a Cartel

Whoa - hold on there cowboy ;-)
I think you’ve either you’ve not read or not understood what I wrote.
And maybe you should also consider that those setting up this ‘cartel’ might just have run the notion past a seriously well qualified legal team before moving forward?

Also, as awful as they may be, most cartels of this description are not illegal, in the same way that a brewery could set up a darts league, with paid entry and cash prizes and where only tied pubs could enter etc.

Utterly sunk by this. Can't really think straight and i've just been achingly sad since last night. It probably doesn't help now that I'm also possibly out of a job given my youtube channel was a full time endeavour. Emotionally and professionally devastated tbh.

I don't know about anyone else but I'd be than happy to read your match reports on Maine Road FC. A bit like the old days!

I would much rather watch a premier league game against sides like Brighton, Fulham, or West ham than big games against these so called big teams that invariably become borefest as they cancel each other out. The Manchester derbies have been dire lately and at least the aforementioned sides try to play the right way
Well you might not have to watch it as it will be shown at 3am to cater for the Far East market.
You might not get to go either as the games been moved to Doha.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.