The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Admittedly I haven't read every comment on this thread so I would be happy to be corrected. Having read the club's statement it looks to be the breakaway clubs are in conflict with the Champions League/EUFA, nothing else so far as the club's are concerned. An organisation that has been vindictive towards City for a decade and creamed off the majority of the revenues from the CL. City and the others are still looking to play in the PL or their respective national leagues. The threat against us doing that comes from EUFA who want to hang onto their cash cow and the PLteams not involved. This includes several who very recently wanted us docked points/chucked out etc. What's so wrong with City continuing with the PL and an alternative competition to the CL and one that EUFA have no control over?
Fucking hell!
The reason why we had so many problems with UEFA is because they had owners from other clubs constantly complaining to them about club expenditure.

We are now in bed with those owners. In a non competitive league which we have already qualified for for the next 23 years regardless of performance. Where we will have a 300m+ advantage on our PL rivals every single season. Where the PL will have zero competitiveness because the big teams have already qualified for Europe and will be resting players for their midweek trip to Barcelona?

You honestly think joking a league with Perez as chairman and Henry and Glazer as VC will be less corrupt than the CL?

Btw. If, say Arsenal, are shit but already qualified for a 350m bonanza every year for the next 23 years, what’s the point in them even trying to compete? They could literally play their kids, sell all their best players and allow Kroe to pocket 200m every season.

I’ve had enough of some of these bad takes about UEFA being corrupt or making our beds when we allowed the Sheikh to buy us. This is a whole other world of greed and corruption that is more abhorrent as the day goes on.

Then do what? Watch all of our players walk out the door for the super league and we get stuck playing against Shaktar, Marseille and fucking Porto for the next 20yrs whilst all the big teams are in the super league. What planet are you on fella?
You see I, and I suspect many more, could live with that and enjoy every minute of that without ever looking at the European Super league and wishing we were part of it. That said, I'm not the guy whose invested 1.5 billion quid in the club because, if I was, I'd probably have made the same call as he has.

Having been a City fan for over 50 years I have a rough idea.
Change is never welcome especially when emotions get involved.
UEFA have done nothing but try to halt our progress at every stage and this is properly fucking then off.
Has everybody forgotten why we boo???
Look, it’s v likely this will not materialise but it’s making a stance against UEFA and I like that!

It’s also making a stance against WHU, Villa, LCFC, wolves, etc. Cool project you have going with Carlo at Everton, too bad you’re now doomed to being second class in your city forever. You don’t see how easily that could have been us?

Having been a City fan for over 50 years I have a rough idea.
Change is never welcome especially when emotions get involved.
UEFA have done nothing but try to halt our progress at every stage and this is properly fucking then off.
Has everybody forgotten why we boo???
Look, it’s v likely this will not materialise but it’s making a stance against UEFA and I like that!
Booooooooooo

Not convinced this is the type of thing that you take back, the reputational damage is done. Might best to push on and hope for the best. I get you lot despise UEFA, and rightly so, but your bedfellows sure are strange. :>

Oh, and EPL could chuck all 6 out, but would they? Greedy buggers on all sides, so unlikely surely
If UEFA instruct the premier league to do so as a member it will have to, or face sanction itself.

Yep - those markets will lap it up by and large, and that seems to be what the clubs care about the most. I still think it will look fucking shit as a spectacle with only 15,000 fans rattling around the stadium when we play United though.
They'll probably make it a global circus like F1 or they'll fill up with oversea tourists.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.