The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Then you'll be equally annoyed by the announcement that the Champions League will offer guaranteed places to the bigger clubs?

The competition needed slimming down not expanding, there are far too many predictable matches which noone wants to watch.

It's tough to find a solution as the self-anointed "Big six" will only be happy if they have a permanent place in the conpetition which obviously reduces the competitiveness and credibility of it.

It made me laugh reading Joel Glazer going on about the "football pyramid." There is no pyramid if you close off the opportunity for clubs to progress higher up.

This morning I was confident that this was a bargaining tactic on the part of the clubs involved. After hearing Ceferin and others quotes from today I'm less confident a deal will be agreed between UEFA and the ESL clubs. Very worrying times for all those that care about the future of the sport.
Completely out of order re Champions League Revamp.

No club should be guaranteed a place, once that is done, the credibility of a competition is done.

That's the issue I have here.

Greed is terrible but a fact of life, but a closed shop is totally out of order and against every principle of sport and football.

Sid. You and must stop conversing, people will talk. I hope you are wrong on this one. This is potentially serious shit
Pulled the post.

It just popped up on my Twitter as Breaking News and scared the shit out of me.

2 dubious sources for now.

If it is confirmed later i will post over in Off Topic.

Now where we again............

Thats right Perez what a twat :-)

Completely out of order re Champions League Revamp.

No club should be guaranteed a place, once that is done, the credibility of a competition is done.

That's the issue I have here.

Greed is terrible but a fact of life, but a closed shop is totally out of order and against every principle of sport and football.
Thats the trouble too. Even if this falls apart, the uefa revamp of the CL is also a fucking travesty that needs nixing. Dont let that get lost in all this.

Thats the trouble too. Even if this falls apart, the uefa revamp of the CL is also a fucking travesty that needs nixing. Dont let that get lost in all this.
True, but at least the likes of West Ham, Leicester can still qualify for CL and keep dreaming under new UEFA proposals

This SL is total abomination in every aspect.

Before we pull out I want the entire UEFA board to fly to Manchester, genuflect to our chairman and promise concessions if we go back to their fold. Six yellows and a red card given to PSG would be a great start.
Sorry but PSG has already cut that deal ... we’re too late for that.

And that's one of the main points, we're saying that withdrawing from the Super League isn't enough, the Champions League also needs fixing but we take the lesser of the 2 evils for now because one of them is still fundamentally merit based.

how would we all feel if the club did pull out? is that enough? have they redeemed themselves or is a big big apology and explanation needed too?
It's a start and the only way for the owner/execs to rebuild the trust of the supporters.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.