The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
He is here to make money. This deal makes more money than ever before and that is exactly the reason they bought us.

Surely you don't think Khaldoon cares about the club in any way the same way we do as fans?
If it goes wrong then we will lose money. It’s not a given it’s a gamble.

Can I ask how a fan of another club that isn’t invited feels about all this? We are outraged and we are part of the elite (cartel). How does this sit with you with regards to how it affects your own club?
As a Leicester fan, I can tell you that I'm absolutely seething. I never thought I'd see something that cynical put in motion and close to indeed see the light.

The timing is awful, the gatekeeping is abhorrent, the financial gap was already big, now it will be impossible to fill up. The money a team in this Snake League gets every season, no matter how shit they are, will allow them to pillage all the other clubs at will, even more than ever.

It completely kills any kind of competition, makes the national leagues irrelevant. It's like the three estates system in France before their Revolution. You have a selected few teams who have it all, forever, by some divine right, the rest can fuck off and die. Talk about pulling up the ladder.

Glad to see that vast majority of your fans don't agree with this crap and hope that it will somehow be stopped.

Apparently there is genuine concern about the younger generation not being into football as much. They all care about the star players and bigger teams. Is that because EA’s FIFA is so big now?

Could argue that there’s also so much focus put on the bigger teams that it makes the smaller clubs even less likely to get support. How many kids now would support Oldham over City or Utd?

Also feedback that the matches are too long and there’s too many boring games.

I’d argue ticket prices have had a bigger impact on many youngsters not going to games as much as they used to. If they’re not in the habit of going to games early on then they might never get into it but many families just can’t afford to go or feel the money is better spent on something else.

So he's as much a **** as the Glazers, Perez, Kronke etc - despite his great efforts to demonstrate otherwise - that much is abundantly clear.

That doesn't somehow make this a good direction for City and almost certainly not a good direction for football. If you're saying that it's the Sheikh finally cashing in, then ok, but there's plenty of reasons why the club itself should want to get the hell out while they still can (or before the government pushes)
Well he is a businessman.

Sheikh Mansour is not going anywhere, he is just finally getting a return, so do SilverLake and so do the Chinese. Unfortunately thats how this world works.

I don't get how people don't understand this. No one - NO ONE - thinks UEFA or the Premier League or the Champions League is a paragon of virtue or civic minded charity. But at it's very core it's a competition that West Ham or Leicester or Everton or Man City, through good management, investment, good luck or a mixture of the three, can work towards. Yes, the scales or rigged, yes that's easier said than done, but it's clear to everyone how you do that. This breaks that, and it breaks it in a way where there is no going back. The CL can always be rejigged or reformed, for better or worse, but this shatters 70 years of national football's relationship to European football and is just deeply, grossly unfair. Of all the fans, you'd hope City fans understand this. They've used a pandemic to pull a trigger on something that if it happened 10 years ago would have killed us dead.

We aren't bigger or more important than Newcastle, Derby, West Ham, Everton, Aston Villa, Nottingham Forest, Wolves and so on and so on, we are just having a good run. We don't deserve a good run forever, no one does.
All true bud but these so called clubs have tried to destroy city. Or at the very least gave their approval. So I ask the question? Why did these clubs turn against us with the backing of uefa? Yet we now have to save them? It don’t sit right with me. Maybe it is petty.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.