The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
I've been watching things unfold on tv but haven't read all the posting s on here. My own thought is that if Pep were to walk out right now it would make everyone sit up and take notice. He doesn't need the money. He could get any job he wanted in football in future. It would be a clear "NO!" message to the money men. We would be robbed of the best manager we've ever had and we'd not win the UEFA Champions League - but if we go into the new setup we'll be stripped of honours anyway. Big price to pay but worth it. Sends a message and at least the rest of football would see that we're trying to stand up for the right thing. Maybe other managers would follow.
as long as the other 5 managers do the same, i won't hold my breath

For anyone who missed the Perez press conference last night you need to check out the things he said here:

I thought it was a joke account at first but unfortunately not. I promise your jaw will drop.

The guy isn’t all there and this is OUR future President!

He makes it clear that this is all to save Real Madrid and Barca.

He cant remember which teams are in the ESL.

He says that younger people are bored with football so they might shorten the length of games.

He then outright insults City and United comparing us unfavourably to RM and Barca.

PSG were never invited

We are saving football

It isn’t a closed shop as sometimes other teams will be invited for a season

These are just a few of the amazing things he said go and check them all. If he had said that some matches would be played on the moon I wouldn’t have blinked.

If they are so stupid to do that interview you have got to think the whole ESL will be shambolic and a huge mistake for anyone in it.

If this doesn’t alter City’s decision nothing will. They were nice to us right up until we signed and are already marginalising us.
Perez and Joe Biden should be in the same hospice so they can mumble incoherently to each other....

Progressing fine up until the point the biggest teams in the world form their own tournament and leave us on the outside playing against Astra Giuigi and Ludogrets in the CL...

Not on paper but do you ever see any of the "6" getting relegated?

I guess we have all forgotten that when it looks ropey the rags will make the CL, all of a sudden PiGMOL step in and oh, a top 4 place appears. If you don't think there is a concerted effort to keep the current hierachy in the prem you are deluded, yes we have an anamoly such as Leicester, chances of that happening again? next to none.
Yes.

Nobody in 1993 would have said Villa would ever be relegated, but it happened. They were once of the '6' but the '6' changes. Spurs and Arsenal are falling away rapidly. City and Chelsea were never once part of that same top group. This is aboput preserving the status of the G14 and you're happy to back them up, to be part of it, after years of slagging those clubs off, when City struggled?

You should take back every criticism you ever made of the Rags. You're practically a Rag yourself at this point, supporting this shit.

In a season when we could ending up winning the Premier, Carabao cup and the Chumps league think we should pinch the scouse moto and tweak it.

This means more

This means fuck all

Two clubs to blame. Two owners to blame. Both clubs in debt. This is their only way of clearing the debt. I blame UEFA for everything, for letting these clubs get into debt, for not punishing them, for allowing the directors of these clubs in debt get on the UEFA board and allowing them to tweak FFP whilst we got punishment for doing it the correct way.
UEFA have brought all this on themselves and the Two red mardarse clubs have got away with it again, UEFA didn't have the balls to punish them.

You could be talking about any two of say 10. Barcelona and Real. Arsenal and Utd. Liverpool and Juventus etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.