The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
The PL focused the money on the top division. It was another step on the road to where we are now. As the wealth has increased it has become increasingly difficult for a club to get promoted and become established. It requires serious investment.

Everton FC are fucking hypocrites.

fair play they made the statement.

But they would of jumped into this if they were invited 100%

After a day of being absolutely disgusted yesterday I have come into work today and as you could guess. This is all the hot topic. As far as I'm concerened the City I knew is dead to me, or is it? I got chatting to my boss who is in his late 50's and a City fan and he said as follows. "Take the owners out, would you still say that". It really got me thinking when put so bluntly and I'll be honest, no, I wouldn't. My club, the history it achieved still exists. The club who came to see me when I'd had my Kidney transplant. The club who won the title the day after my nanna died. They still exist. All be it in name and colour only right now. The players and Pep are in a very tough position and maybe we should support them. Let me make this clear though, our owners need to fuck off. I just don't know, my emotions are so conflicted. It really is like getting a divorce but you still love your ex.

Not so sure, he is well rewarded but in return has give this club his all, he , his staff were stabbed in the back on Sunday , months of hard work and sacrifice, simply destroyed by green and appalling timing.
Agreed completely, in fact they have devalued pretty much everything Pep has acheived whilst at the club.

I get why the Spanish and Italian clubs want it as they’re financially fucked but try as I might I really don’t understand why any of the premier leagues are involved.
Well Utd is built on debt thanks to the glazers, even though they can finance the debt and in the worlds of Gary Neville the swamp is a wreck. Liverpool’s owners don’t have the wealth to compete and the revenue from previous sales has run out. Spurs have a stadium to pay for, and are likely to miss out on top four regularly due to lack of investment in players. Arsenal have a good bank balance and a stadium now paid for, but the owners don’t invest in the team. Chelsea are needing to finance a new stadium, as well as players as the owner is not providing as much finance as before. As for City the only reason we need to do this is to play as the same level, with the so called elite.

But is the ESL really a competition?
Not in the true sporting sense, no. It’s a sort of club of its own, made up of the founding members. A franchise model in other words.

I suppose my point is that this is coming, and the club needs to decide if it wants in or out. It’s crazy to think City can stop it, the other clubs would be almost just as happy inviting Ajax, Everton, AS Roma or Celtic, as City. Maybe the government or Premier League can stop it... for a few years at least.

I find the overreaction quite high about this new format of CL, suddenly football will lose its value, battle of class, something i like i don't recognize my club anymore, funny from some of our fans but especially those exagerated arguments where used against CITY to justify that this Club couldn't be bought like any other club and its owner doesn't have to invest in order to make it grow.

Whether you like it or hate it, clubs were hit hard by Covid, Uefa whos playing drama queen simply because this new brand will kill champions league and maybe even Europa League. This is not new, many things changed in Football in the past.

We are talking about an entertainment sport whether you like it or hate it, it is not a city council

To sum it, found the timing bizzare the format different, many questions still need answering but the overreaction will do nothing,

Many things change in football but they are normally improvement or additions from things that already exist.

The Premier League and Champions League were just rebranded from the First Division and the European Cup.

It was the same competition and the most important thing that you seem to have missed is that anyone could compete in it.

Forget the English game for one minute, what about the teams in Hungary, Iceland, Slovenia, Croatia even bigger countries like Greece, Austria, Belgium, Holland, all never getting the opportunity to compete against Europe's best.

So no it is not the same, this is new.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.