The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
No, your club sat there and did nothing. Your silence while we were being pulled apart makes you complicit.

Everton aren't the enemy here mate.

It hurts to say it but right now, at this moment, Sheikh Mansour, Ferran Soriano and Khaldoon Al Mubarak- they're the enemies. Along with everyone else involved in this crime against the sport (and the club) we love.

But take this to its logical conclusion: If City do this, so do United, Liverpool, Barca, Madrid... and they really will be pulling in 150m a week. Where does that leave us then? Utterly fucked, that's where.
Well if we dont join and we are stuck sharing the 50p that BT pay UEFA for next years CL rights. PSG and Bayern don't give a fuck, they own their leagues anyway. The only way we stay competitive is being in the ESL.

How exciting will it be to watch Spurs v Man Utd in the PL which they won’t care about

and then to watch them play in the Super League as they battle for 11th place with no relegation.

it’s gonna be amazing!
The clubs want a super league the governing body says no. What other alternative is there?

Don't get me wrong, I actually really like the format.

The current CL Group Stages are boring! Two groups of 10 is a great idea because it raises the number of good games in the Group Stage. Plus a league structure gives more legitimacy to being seen as the best than seeded mini-groups like the CL now or knock-out rounds from the start like the old European Cup.

I doubt people will remember, but i've been calling for bigger and fewer groups for years.

However, you cannot close this off. The 15 founders cannot be guaranteed automatic entry into this competition. That is the most pathetic and insecure thing i think i've ever seen in sport... well, maybe second to City actually going along with it! All this is is a load of clubs on the wane who were big names in the past all shitting themselves about losing their grip on success and power and fucking the rest of football off for a massive payday... and City, who don't bloody need to, have gone along with it.

City could have stepped back from this, joined forces with Paris Chelsea and the German clubs and laughed at these insecure morons with the rest of football and said "okay, inabit dick heads".
I'd rather the competition follow a similar format to any domestic cup, but with two legs home and away.

How exciting will it be to watch Spurs v Man Utd in the PL which they won’t care about

and then to watch them play in the Super League as they battle for 11th place with no relegation.

it’s gonna be amazing!

This is a point not made often enough.

The anticompetitive nature of this "competition" has the potential to kill the entertainment value of the "product" it aims to "monetize".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.