The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
It's less than a year that City got wind of the letter from the Premier League top nine asking UEFA to ensure we did not drag out our court case.

It came from the same chambers. I don't believe for a second that Khaldoon hasn't forgotten stuff like that.
I really think we'll pull out at the very last second and leave these red mardarses and the rest high and dry.
How can we not forget they wanted us hung drawn and quartered, how can khaldoon not forget?
I smell a cunning plan that even baldrick would be able to carry through...

Well if we dont join and we are stuck sharing the 50p that BT pay UEFA for next years CL rights. PSG and Bayern don't give a fuck, they own their leagues anyway. The only way we stay competitive is being in the ESL.
If we don’t join the whole thing potentially falls over now and we as fans can hold our heads up high when saying ‘I’m a city fan’, something I never thought I’d have an issue with.

UCL- Bayern, PSG, City, Chelsea, Leicester, Dortmund, Lyon, Ajax etc
Super League- Spurs, Arsenal, Real Madrid, Barca, Inter, AC, Atletico, United, Liverpool (almost all of whom are on a pretty reliable cycle of at least one disastrous season in every three atm) and whoever they can scrape together

In that scenario the UCL is a better product. If City and Chelsea back out then the Super League is worthless.
Especially if Chelsea and City can persuade the rest of the Premier League to kick the other 4 out. No FA Cup, no League Cup, no Premier League, they'd be finished, so would obviously follow us.

Everton aren't the enemy here mate.

It hurts to say it but right now, at this moment, Sheikh Mansour, Ferran Soriano and Khaldoon Al Mubarak- they're the enemies. Along with everyone else involved in this crime against the sport (and the club) we love.
Its not Everton specifically but people seem to think this all began recently. This started with FFP. Everton and the other clubs sat and watched while we were dragged through the mud, all because we dared to challenge the cartel. I refuse to believe that the people in charge of these clubs were too stupid to see what was actually going on. They did nothing. They all want to do something now though.

Because I think there is something else in play here. The fact Bayern and PSG didn't put their names to it yet, something doesn't smell right.
Let’s hope so. Whatever the rationale, I don’t believe the execs at city haven’t thought long and hard about this and have various scenarios mapped out.

Could we have joined the ESL to then demand ultimate concessions from UEFA knowing they would come begging for us to be the first to leave?

Absolutely gutted, sadly not surprised and struggling to understand the long term impact. I cannot imagine for one minute that every member of ESL has not gone into this with their eyes wide open. Wide open to the likelihood for negative publicity, wide open to the legal ramifications on the club and it's players and wide open to the commercial benefits and long standing sustainable revenue the new league offers. Timing is appalling but necessary I assume to meet a deadline we are not privy to.

Will I continue to support City, yes. I've followed the club for 45+ years, it's in my blood.

Have my feelings changed, yes. Not in the sense of what City mean to me but how I perceive the leadership and ownership. It's a classless abhorrent act, completely at odds with everything we have seen from our club in the past 12 years. If there is a reason to do this other than greed, then I don't understand it. Our financial report suggested a return to profit next year following a COVID impacted 2020,.

Like everyone else, I will watch how matters proceed more in hope than expectation that a compromise can be reached.

A difficult time to be a City fan, I thought we were better than this.

No, your club sat there and did nothing. Your silence while we were being pulled apart makes you complicit.

Mate what is it you wanted us to do when UEFA was looking at your books? Ask to have look too so we can form our own decision? They were legal contracts.

That information was confidential and between you and UEFA. We would have no knowledge on the case and we cant oppose or defend you when we dont know what was involved.

But when it was put to clubs that you should be banned we said no. Honestly dont think there was more we could do to support in that instance

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.