The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Hi folks, been following with interest this thread. One of the unforgivable things for me if I were a City fan is that with the chance of winning the CL within your grasp it is being stolen from you by two bankrupt Spanish clubs on their knees. It is time they were made to account and be run properly and you have the opportunity to dominate Europe without all this. A real shame. I would have though Pep knows this and it is overshadowing a fantastic season. City fans know about the highs and lows of the game and that is what makes it special.
Hope the top brass do the right thing instead of saving the arses of the badly run clubs.
Spot on, pal! Welcome to the Forum!

It's less than a year that City got wind of the letter from the Premier League top nine asking UEFA to ensure we did not drag out our court case.

It came from the same chambers. I don't believe for a second that Khaldoon hasn't forgotten stuff like that.
Yes and we are now in bed with 5 of them

UCL- Bayern, PSG, City, Chelsea, Leicester, Dortmund, Lyon, Ajax etc
Super League- Spurs, Arsenal, Real Madrid, Barca, Inter, AC, Atletico, United, Liverpool (almost all of whom are on a pretty reliable cycle of at least one disastrous season in every three atm) and whoever they can scrape together

In that scenario the UCL is a better product. If City and Chelsea back out then the Super League is worthless.

You’re living in cloud cuckoo land if you think 150m people are going to pay to watch a City game through the club’s own channel pal.

Having subscribed to and tried to watch City TV - I really don't think I'd bother.

No source at city, but I do know someone high up at Chelsea and they are pretty much on the brink of withdrawing. Preparing press releases etc. They might just be covering all their bases but interesting none the less.

Well if we dont join and we are stuck sharing the 50p that BT pay UEFA for next years CL rights. PSG and Bayern don't give a fuck, they own their leagues anyway. The only way we stay competitive is being in the ESL.
But United, Liverpool, Arsenal will get more cash than us too, we would not win the PL either.

City would be just irrelevant pretender who has loads of cash and its history clubs woman.

Id rather be irrelevant full stop than have Real, Liverpool, United fucking City in the ass

No, these are all poisonous bedfellows and we will be stood alone in No Man's Land with the machine guns primed. Our enemies have us right where they've wanted us for a decade and we've handed it to them.

If we pull out, we will be banned from European football, banned from the Super League and the PL members will have a vote on expelling us. 14 who hate us for signing up to it and 5 ready to bury us because it's all they ever wanted.
Source?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.