The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Not surprising something like this has happened. Pep was dead correct - everyone looks after themselves. Just look at this season; PL didn’t give a sh1t when they started this season late and insisted on a FULL season no matter what, including both national cups, the International matches and they couldn’t give a stuff when players had to play up to 3 matches on an International fortnight even when some of those were friendlies. City players have been playing 2 or 3 times, on occasions, a week and nobody UEFA, FA, PL and so on give a stuff if players are tired/injured etc.

Lump into that the atrocious way we have been treated by UEFA and the appalling way VAR has been implemented and not to mention the officiating.

Fair play to him for getting this out there first but I suspect there's been plenty of discussions between players and captains over the last couple of days but he's the only one who's got his agent/publicist to get this to the press.
Having said that if it helps stop this shit show then I couldn't care less if the Sir Hendo and Sir Marcus of Rashford PR teams get them gold statues outside of Buckingham Palace as part of it.

Oh of course, texts etc internally and to friends at other clubs but he's taking a co-ordinated approach with all captains to get their views.

As I say, I dont care if he's painted as a saint or the one that stopped the SL when this is all done. If his meeting helps then good on him. Any action taken by fans, players, managers, other clubs, ex players etc to help stop this has to be commended.

How is this a bad thing? Fair play to him.

Everyone here would be cheering Fernandinho on if he’d done the same thing

Agreed. Dont care who it is, someone needs to come out from the players side and shoot this shit down. If its Henderson, so be it, might carry even more weight seeing as its his and rag shithouses that are the driving force behind this shambles.

A little. We already knew that a few clubs were behind what happened with Der Spiegel, FFP & CAS. There were 6 particularly, I'm told, with the US-owned PL clubs prominent.

We've paid very careful attention to what's gone on between those clubs and UEFA and, like Michael Corleone in The Godfather, we seem to have been waiting for our chance to strike.

That doesn't mean that I'm saying that I'm quietly confident that we've pulled a masterstroke here. It could just as easily have been a genuine and monumental error of judgement. So it'll be interesting to see how it develops.

What's the strike in this context? Is it joining them and being needed to help them achieve what they want? Or is it a different game, to lead them down a garden path and make them look bad?

That's always been the case.

I'm City through and through, and City will endure long after Pep has gone, but right now we're Pep Guardiola's Manchester City. Pep has won more in his career than the club has won in its entire history, but while Pep and the players might forever be associated with this golden period, the history of Manchester City belongs to the fans, those that went before us, and those to come.

Our present owners are just temporary custodians, Soriano has no childhood memory of having to paddle through the piss at the godawful urinals at Maine Road, he's just a temporary journeyman, they all are.

Me, you, our dads and granddads and the kids to come, they're City, everyone else is just passing through.
They might of been godawful urinals to you, but they smelt lovely on a cold winters day :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.