The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
That’s not how it works.

JP Morgan agrees to secure funding for the SL. They will not be providing funding from their own coffers, instead they act as an advisor. They provide marketing and lending expertise, securitization advisory (loans vs bonds vs stocks etc) as well as a large contact list of institutional lenders like insurance companies, asset managers and hedge funds that would be potentially interested in buying the securities marketed by JP Morgan.

Since the project fell apart, there will be no funds since nobody is interested in lending money to de-facto bankrupt clubs.

Though I do not speak for JP Morgan, I work there, though not on this project nor did I know about it. On Monday I let my boss know I will be leaving before the end of the year.

You part of the JPM or the C ?

They're after something, no smoke without fire...or they're just off their rockers.
There must be some leverage somewhere in retaining the Superleague label. Is it some sort of accounting dodge that provides extra value in their books? Or can they use it as a way of borrowing more money or buying themselves some time in their bid to stave off their creditors? It does seem very strange that they are adamant they are staying in the ESL.

I didn’t see the match but a friend who is a Villa fan did. When we started talking about recent events he basically said -

“I wish your lot would just fuck off to a Super League. You’re playing the game at a level we’ve never seen before and we cannot dream to match. It was embarrassing, it was men against boys.”

Hadn’t thought about it like that before.
Villa once won 5 league titles in 7 years

I didn’t see the match but a friend who is a Villa fan did. When we started talking about recent events he basically said -

“I wish your lot would just fuck off to a Super League. You’re playing the game at a level we’ve never seen before and we cannot dream to match. It was embarrassing, it was men against boys.”

I said this in 1993. Better off without the top when you can't compete.

Money always wins in this game, been the same for 100 years

There must be some leverage somewhere in retaining the Superleague label. Is it some sort of accounting dodge that provides extra value in their books? Or can they use it as a way of borrowing more money or buying themselves some time in their bid to stave off their creditors? It does seem very strange that they are adamant they are staying in the ESL.
They have to. La Liga is going to fuck all three of them; HARD. Barca and Madrid have managed to secure special licensing agreements for themselves that the other clubs will likely look to end.

None of these owners thought this through very well, except the German and French clubs. The first question they should’ve asked is “What is the worst thing that can happen of we agree to do this?” The obvious answer is that it doesn’t work - FIFA and UEFA already said that they were not going to allow it. At the very least, they shouldve considered what could happen if they dug their heals in; and this is before we even get to the part about the fans.

They have to. La Liga is going to fuck all three of them; HARD. Barca and Madrid have managed to secure special licensing agreements for themselves that the other clubs will likely look to end.

None of these owners thought this through very well, except the German and French clubs. The first question they should’ve asked is “What is the worst thing that can happen of we agree to do this?” The obvious answer is that it doesn’t work - FIFA and UEFA already said that they were not going to allow it. At the very least, they shouldve considered what could happen if they dug their heals in; and this is before we even get to the part about the fans.
Wasn’t Barca’s line that they would consult their fans?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.