The Tevez argument {merged - enough threads now }

Re: The Tevez argument/Cheeseman {merged - enough threads now }

moomba said:
Marvin said:
I guess that Mancini very much regrets his conduct after the Bayern game. Perhaps a very human reaction, but the media reaction, and fan reaction has meant that City have lost a great player

I suspect he doesn't regret his conduct at all, I suspect as a result of this his position at the club is very much strengthened, and the loss of Tevez isn't something that he will be overly upset about even before the incident.

I'd also say the loss of the player is down to one person only, had Mancini said nothing after the game I still couldn't see a way for him to stay.

No no, you dont understand the situation here. Without Tevez ( coincidentally whose replacement is already here) we will be relegated. It will be all doom and gloom without Tevez ( who had a 1% part to play in our performances so far this season). Without Tevez, we might as well brace ourselves for relegation till the Conference. Without Tevez, the Sheikh will bugger off. Without Tevez, the world will end in 2011, let alone 2012.

Moomba - spot on. Mancini wanted tevez out all summer he did all he could to get a swap with eto or tout him to Corinthians. Cooks valuation stopped a deal. Mancini quite calculatedly took this opportunity to stamp his authority on the club in terms of the team and the owners - I expect Mancini is delighted tevez gave him this opportunity.

Be all and end all the club should gave put the team above a few million of FFP and got tevez to inter and taken eto

I wouldnt be too fussed at all if tevez went. Not like we are struggling for goals is it :-p

moomba said:
Marvin said:
I guess that Mancini very much regrets his conduct after the Bayern game. Perhaps a very human reaction, but the media reaction, and fan reaction has meant that City have lost a great player

I suspect he doesn't regret his conduct at all, I suspect as a result of this his position at the club is very much strengthened, and the loss of Tevez isn't something that he will be overly upset about even before the incident.

I'd also say the loss of the player is down to one person only, had Mancini said nothing after the game I still couldn't see a way for him to stay.
I don't know Moomba. I am just trying to understand the player.

Tevez wasn't really physically ready for the game, we could see that from his previous games where he was committed but lacking some sharpness, and that comes down to his Summer. He was on the bench because there was no one else, but in a team game where so much is demanded of a manager, I don't think anyone looks at the player closely enough.

And we could have managed te situation better had nothing been said after the game. Tevez in my opinion does need help, but that is total speculation on my part. We would be in a position to give it had we not backed ourselves into a corner. I am just guessing, but I am not prepared to take everything as it is presented to us without question

without creating a thing of note.

apart from the 2 strong penalty claims and the sitter than Edin missed???

BringBackSwales said:
without creating a thing of note.

apart from the 2 strong penalty claims and the sitter than Edin missed???
Well I didn't think either was a penalty at the game, and I haven't bothered with hindsight - sorry I meant replay, and neither were goal scoring chances, they might possibly have become chances, none of us know.

Edin's was a decent effort I'll accept he should have done better with it, but that was all we created, and its little wonder that when we finally had a shot about 15 minutes from the end, there was ironic cheering from the City fans, we created very little all night.

Anyway this thread is about Tevez, and what he did had little impact on the result or the game.

If it hadn´t kicked off in Munich , it would have kicked off somewhere else. In an ideal world it would have happened after xmas fixtures , but alas. The transfer request and cup final showed us what Tevez is about and as much as I wanted him to give us one more season and rip up the league with Kun , it´s clear that he doesn´t like the fact that he´s been dethroned and is no longer the indespensible messiah he possibly was 12 months ago.
Depression or not we have come to a parting of the ways and it WON´T be Bob packing his bags

The thing that pissed me of the most at Munich was tevez was one of the first players on the pitch swapping shirts!

EalingBlue2 said:
Moomba - spot on. Mancini wanted tevez out all summer he did all he could to get a swap with eto or tout him to Corinthians. Cooks valuation stopped a deal. Mancini quite calculatedly took this opportunity to stamp his authority on the club in terms of the team and the owners - I expect Mancini is delighted tevez gave him this opportunity.

Be all and end all the club should gave put the team above a few million of FFP and got tevez to inter and taken eto
What a stupid comment. We do have to concern ourselves with FFP whether we like it or not and Cook had a responsibility to balance the needs of the team and the needs of the owners. If we ignore FFP then we risk the chance of not being able to compete in the CL, something which totally underpins our future business plan.

I've seen so many businesses where, without talking to production or finance directors, sales directors have made ridiculous promises to customers that simply weren't deliverable. As a result companies have either got into financial diffifculties and/or lost unhappy customers because of it.

As it happens, from what I can see, sending him on loan for the rest of this season and selling him in the next financial year makes the most sense from both a team & FFP point of view.

Prestwich we are going to be considerably worse off because of what has happened my point is not th FFP doesn't matter but that the judgement we made here was wrong. FFP also depends on how well we do as a team now as well and a bad apple kept to get a better fee could cost us the title so close is the margin.

As it is we will now be lucky to get 20m and we will have paid him 5m in wages we could gave saved . That is what is stupid!

Of course we have to look after FFP but It is important that this is done without causing major harm to the team and how well we do. Say we now get injuries to two of our strikers we could be hugely hurt by this we also risked losing a manager.

I am also only too aware of what the importance of financial discipline in any company but I have seen a lot of damage done by the overvaluation of assets and over estimation of position in negotiations as well as being too hasty and in various exec teams inhave never seen success come from having senior people there who are totally unalligned with their leader.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.