The Title Race - 2021/22

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
The narrative and mind games of how the race pans out changes a little now in that we've ended a run of about half a dozen league games where we've played before the dippers every time. Other than when we dropped points at Southampton, they've gone out each time knowing they've had to win just to keep pace with us rather than potentially gain ground which can be pretty dispiriting.
They now play before us for the next few games (other than the weekend they have the Carabao final) so they get the opportunity to put a little pressure on us. Of course that will hopefully backfire horribly as they feel they have to do exactly that and slip up themselves.

Interesting when looking at remaining fixtures, I think we have the marginally kinder ones when you consider the potential for dropped points.

They have to play 8 top half teams (and their record vs such teams hasn't been good this season), and we 6. They have to play 4 top half teams away from home, and we 2. Our league fixtures are definitely kinder. This doesn't guarantee much, but it makes it more difficult for them.

After we play United, we'll have to play 3 top half teams, and they 7! IF we are still 6-9 pts clear after the game vs United, we'd be in a very, very strong position. But even if we drop points, as long as we are still 1st after the game with Liverpool, we'd be in a good position, for their final 4-5 games are a little bit more difficult than ours.

Much depends on how both teams progress in the cups and their luck with draws. If our game with Liverpool is sandwiched between games vs Bayern in the CL, and if we have to play Chelsea in the FA Cup, Liverpool's fixture schedule may suddenly become less daunting than ours.

They have to play 8 top half teams (and their record vs such teams hasn't been good this season), and we 6. They have to play 4 top half teams away from home, and we 2. Our league fixtures are definitely kinder. This doesn't guarantee much, but it makes it more difficult for them.

After we play United, we'll have to play 3 top half teams, and they 7! IF we are still 6-9 pts clear after the game vs United, we'd be in a very, very strong position. But even if we drop points, as long as we are still 1st after the game with Liverpool, we'd be in a good position, for their final 4-5 games are a little bit more difficult than ours.

Much depends on how both teams progress in the cups and their luck with draws. If our game with Liverpool is sandwiched between games vs Bayern in the CL, and if we have to play Chelsea in the FA Cup, Liverpool's fixture schedule may suddenly become less daunting than ours.
Absolutely spot on about cup draws. If big Edin knocks them out of the CL and we have to play Bayern or PSG or whoever in the QF then all of a sudden our game vs them becomes so much more difficult.

I’ve no doubt that our 2nd half capitulation to the rags in 2018 was due in part to the energy expended playing against the dippers and the fucking referee the previous midweek

Beat or draw with the dippers and we will win the league.

Lose and I think it's still 60/40 in our favour.

Leeds game rearranged and Arsenal away moved for the Carabao.
I like that United, Spuds, Arsenal, West Ham and Wolves are all in the running for 4th place. I think that will keep them honest to the end of the season. Brighton and Southampton will want to finish as high as possible as well. Brentford and below are all in a relegation dog fight which means I think only three clubs haven't that much to battle for. AV, Leicester and CP.

There might be some surprise results to come yet.

As much as I despise their mythology and the way their fans embrace hysteria, I still find it strange that so many City fans expect them to drop points.

They're a good team and this will go down to the wire

As much as I despise their mythology and the way their fans embrace hysteria, I still find it strange that so many City fans expect them to drop points.

They're a good team and this will go down to the wire
Did you see them at Burnley. Burnley had 3-4 one on ones with the keeper and missed them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.