The Title Race - 2021/22

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes they won there 2 games in hand that’s 8 pts, we drew with Southampton that’s 9 pts then beat Brentford that was 12 pts, dippers won there 2 games in hand thats 6 pts, we beat Norwich thats 9 again, they beat Norwich it’s 6pts we lose yesterday, it’s still 6 pts but they have a game in hand, that Southampton draw was key.

So all in all we've given up 5 points to them so far. Ignoring games in hand we had a minimum 8 point lead on them now it'll more than likely be 3 points.

Bloody hell. You're a cheerful c*** aren't you?

It's only a game. Typical City is justified. It's just a bit of fun.

You take this shit far too seriously mate - Give yourself a day off.
One thing I don’t do is take anything too seriously, myself included.

And yes, I am a cheerful ****. Sometimes annoyingly so.

Apart from that, your post is spot on.

Looking at the dippers' fixtures. I'll assume they'll smash or beat everyone they've got left, with two exceptions: they've got a tricky away match at the Emirates, and above all, they've got us. If they come to us and beat us to win the title, I'll say “Fair dos” (through gritted teeth).
They've also got the match against United, which is often a strange one between those two. They'll probably win, although I don't think it will be the absolute drubbing that it was at OT. Could be a draw (just hoping).

Bloody hell. You're a cheerful c*** aren't you?

It's only a game. Typical City is justified. It's just a bit of fun.

You take this shit far too seriously mate - Give yourself a day off.

Yeah typical city now is winning +10/15 premier games on the bounce looking fantastic playing unbelievable football with a world class team and losing half dozen games a season!

I love this typical City.

So all in all we've given up 5 points to them so far. Ignoring games in hand we had a minimum 8 point lead on them now it'll more than likely be 3 points.
Yes that’s right we’ve given up 5 pts disregarding games in hand. Our weakness is the first 10 mins in games, Sporting should have scored first in midweek, Southampton did 2 wks ago, Fulham did in fa cup and now Spuds yesterday, Pep has to sort this shit out, why isn’t the team concentrating in the first 10-15 mins ffs.

We’ve seen the scousers fold when under pressure in the past, so let’s see how they can ‘keep up’ over the next several weeks.

I think we may drop (more) points before the game with Liverpool, there's a chance that we start that game 2nd. But I still think we are likely to win the title.

This season will be crazier than last season. Imagine that Liverpool overtake us with 6-7 games to go and we still beat them to the title. They'll be absolutely gutted.

Liverpool fans hope to beat us to the title like we beat them in 18-19 when we were 10 pts off them with a game in hand at Southampton. But scenarios don't tend to repeat like that. This season will offer a different scenario. I think this scenario includes a strong finish for City. Only time will tell.

It's in our hands. If we are good enough and deserve to win, we'll win. If we don't deserve to win, we'll hope for better outcomes in the cups and will win the league next season.
I think we take for granted how utterly bonkers that run from both City and United were. As good as they are, I'd be shocked if we something similar.

Too many people here are looking for "narrative" when really it's very simple. Will City get more points than Liverpool till the final game of the season? I'd say it's very probable. Does a three point lead mean we lose one game fewer than them? Even more probable.Will City beat Liverpool at home? Given recent fixtures between the two it's probable, though less probable than matching them for points? Nothing is guaranteed, but me, the bookies and most pundits will back us because it's the more likely of the two options.

It’s 1 game blues. Give the players your support. We will ride again. You need the setback to enjoy the prize. We got beaten by a kick it long team. It won’t be the last time. Back to focusing on the basics, cut out the mistakes and pass the ball. Let’s see how much the lads want the league. Back to back is a hard slog. No other team has come close.

Come on City, back at it against Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.