The Title Race - 2021/22

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
For me this current Liverpool team is the best they've had, they are at their peak. So for us to be ahead is incredible and even better if we win it.

Next year they won't be better but we will. Believe me.

VVD doesn't look the same from injury. Henderson is ageing.
Salah I think may well be sold. He wants to double his salary from £200k and I don't think FSG will do it as they know if they do, then VVD, Mane and Allison will be demanding parity. Diaz hasn't come to play back up.

For me this current Liverpool team is the best they've had, they are at their peak. So for us to be ahead is incredible and even better if we win it.

Next year they won't be better but we will. Believe me.

VVD doesn't look the same from injury. Henderson is ageing.
Salah I think may well be sold. He wants to double his salary from £200k and I don't think FSG will do it as they know if they do, then VVD, Mane and Allison will be demanding parity. Diaz hasn't come to play back up.
I don't think their midfield is as good as it was. Also I agree van Dijk beginning to go. City have done really well without a striker. Occasionally we miss a centre-forward. I feel we should use Delap as much as possible to avoid games like Spurs where we have huge numbers of crosses but can't get through them.

How could Liverpool of been in better form than us the other week?
We hadn't been beat since the end of October.
Or is your quote based on us not going as far as the Dippers in the league Cup?
No mate apart from the norwich game when we hammered them we haven’t been our usual selves self and we have made hard work of games such as arsenal away Brentford the other week we struggled second half Southampton and even the second half against Leicester were they could have even got a draw after being 4-0 down . Hopefully this is a kick up the arse for us and we go on a run and win the title again .

Helps when you can postpone fixture after fixture while tournament was on but PL just gave them a free pass.
I know we've had a couple of close call title wins and I feel like we are due to be on the receiving ending of one. A pessimistic view I know.

No mate apart from the norwich game when we hammered them we haven’t been our usual selves self and we have made hard work of games such as arsenal away Brentford the other week we struggled second half Southampton and even the second half against Leicester were they could have even got a draw after being 4-0 down . Hopefully this is a kick up the arse for us and we go on a run and win the title again .
Beating Leicester by 3 clear goals then showing the nous, mental strength and never say die attitude to come from behind to beat an in form Arsenal who’d had much more rest than us were two impressive results. Routine wins in cruise control against Brentford and Norwich were exactly what a title winning side does and a point at Soton has been shown by their subsequent results to be a decent point.

Spurs was an off day - nothing more. Even beforehand the game had a “typical City” feel to it with them having lost 3 on the bounce and Kane having a poor season by his standards - nailed on for an away win with Kane the star man …… and so it proved

I don't think their midfield is as good as it was. Also I agree van Dijk beginning to go. City have done really well without a striker. Occasionally we miss a centre-forward. I feel we should use Delap as much as possible to avoid games like Spurs where we have huge numbers of crosses but can't get through them.
That's true Marvin. Hendo and Milner are passed peak. Keita hasn't been the revelation they expected.

Firmino and Thiago are both now 30.

Diaz is good but not at the level of Mo who is irreplaceable, they have a problem if they don't pay him what he wants. Jota is a good signing for them.

I am convinced Haaland is coming to us and that will be aces. I agree that we should utilise Delap as you say. Also I think we will get someone else of top quality. I think Alvarez will be a major asset.

Have you watched us play lately? Sporting was an anomoly, and Norwich are terrible. We've been labouring away for weeks now, without things really clicking.
We had took 43 pts out of a possible 45 before Saturday.
No other team had form like that.
As for not clicking I really don't know how to answer you on that cos I've seen some outstanding football played by us in the last 4 months

You don't get any extra points for playing total football but I don't think there is a better footballing side than us in this country.
I agree that this will be a kick up the arse for us and I firmly believe we will win the league again this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.