The Title Race - 2021/22

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool didn't look too convincing last night. First defeat anywhere in a while and their first defeat at Anfield for a year. Hopefully, it derails their domestic form, but let's see.
Tbf they battered Inter but just couldn't put their chances away. They'll be back to normal before long imo.

Yep, if you look at their recent games they have had a very friendly run compared to ours. You would have expected them to close the gap and they have.

now is the test for them, they still have four games left against the traditional top six, all of them with something to play for.

arsenal, going for the top 4 and with a bit of an axe to grind over the league cup games and postponements, they also have a bit of momentum

United surely have to go there and get something after their walloping at old toilet, it’s a chance to put something on their car crash season by denying the scousers the title

Spurs, can look amazing or shite , which to me is a very dangerous fixture for them. Also going for top four and will be desperate to stop arsenal

ourselves, we have the chance to put to bed all these favourable comparisons to their team. We are well ahead as a team and we can rubber stamp that by beating them. It will cement our legacy as the best team of the premier league era. We sometimes under rate our players but look how they roared back on Sunday. These lads have balls of steel.

I believe these four fixtures is where we will see the balance shift
I think liverpool will come out of those three fixtures with 7 points. I don't know where the draw will come from, possibly Spurs even though they usually roll over and get their tummies tickled. But they just get the results no matter how much we all despise them.
Win our matches then absolutely tear the house down at the Etihad when they arrive, they won't know what's hit them again. It's in our hands.

I think liverpool will come out of those three fixtures with 7 points. I don't know where the draw will come from, possibly Spurs even though they usually roll over and get their tummies tickled. But they just get the results no matter how much we all despise them.
Win our matches then absolutely tear the house down at the Etihad when they arrive, they won't know what's hit them again. It's in our hands.

I think Spurs and Arsenal can beat them. The Liverpool defensive line is risky. It's smart because VAR is there to get the call "right" but if Kane drops in and plays the ball in behind for Son effectively he'll be in and be able to have chances to score. It's just that for some reason teams also seem to miss absolute sitters against them. If I was Conte or Arteta I'd be setting my team up for that ball in behind and just timing the run so that I was running from my own half (and therefore not offside) on release of the ball. Van Dijk is usually marshalling the line just inside his own half. There's no reason to make the run in behind too early.

Their press is also a lot less intense than it has been which makes it easier to bypass them and get into space. Inter were playing at a pedestrian pace at the back last night with no real problem.

I'm not someone to talk up a drop in Liverpool's form, but they do tend to have a dip around this time in the season, and that's usually without an AFCON and both cup competitions to deal with. I thought both Salah and Mane especially looked a bit tired last night. The early kick off on the south coast and Arsenal mid-week is the pivot in their season. For all the talk about them, a couple of draws basically kills their title challenge dead, a loss seriously hands us the advantage, and a draw put them on the back foot. All we need to do is beat Palace.

Tbf they battered Inter but just couldn't put their chances away. They'll be back to normal before long imo.

Their recent normal was to get away with conceding big chances every game: Palace, Burnley, Inter (1st leg), Chelsea, WHam...created about 10-15 big chances between them and scored only 1 goal combined. Last night was a reversal of Liverpool's recent normal: they were missing the big chances.

Hot take, but liverpool have been kind of poor in most games during their winning run, but because they were basically playing all the bottom 7 in a row and mostly at home they won the games. I'd be afraid more if they were in blistering form but mostly they grinding out 1 goal wins against poor sides. theyll drop points before we play them.

United will get a result at Klanfield, just need the media and football fraternity to keep digging them out, it will get a response… as silly as it sounds, the current United system could cause the dippers trouble!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.