The Title Race - 2021/22

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dippers have had a very nice run of games since early January when they drew with Chelsea, tough one mid week then Watford at home ( 3 points there is a cert) then its tough with possibly exception of game v slippy. They lose to City its over, as simple as that and i fully expect they will.

The only consolation from their last two wins is they haven't improved their GD that much.

See our games we have played in the league to there’s the last 6 weeks, chalk and cheese all games they expect to win as we have had possibly games like this Monday night tougher ones.

Last edited:
City & Liverpool are both such winning machines, that any time one of them even just draws a game, it will feel like advantage to the other.

You don't need to be a maths genius to work out that City v Liverpool is likely to decide where the title goes. Hope my nerves can take it.

Still see Liverpool dropping 10+ points so 87 points will win it maybe a couple less.
That’s a lot in 10 games when they’ve only dropped 18 points (2 defeats and 6 draws) in 28 games already. Plus they’re on an 8 game winning run, and have only dropped 7 points (1 defeat and 2 draws) in their last 17 games.

They’re in better winning form now than when they were dropping more points earlier in the season, and Diaz looks a great signing for them.

Them dropping 10+ points would mean either:
3 defeats and 1 draw (11 points dropped)
1 defeat and 4 draws (11 points)
2 defeats and 2 draws (10 points)
0 defeats and 5 draws (10 points)

I can see both teams dropping points before the end of the season (well, it’s a certainty someone or both will as we play each other). But I’m not sure it’ll be 10+ points.

I think they’ll match or slightly better their 89 points season trajectory. I think we’ll get close to if not match our 93 points season trajectory. So that’s no more than 5-7 points dropped each:
1 defeats and 2 draws (7 points dropped)
2 defeats and 0 draws (6 points)
0 defeats and 3 draws (6 points)
1 defeat and 1 draw (5 points)
… each.

Last edited by a moderator:
The next game is always the most important. Palace will be tough but we can go and win.

What I don’t see mentioned much is that city are going back to back. History proves it’s harder than winning the league.

Liverpool’s mentality mushers have a slight advantage. Remember the time they won the league and then put up the worst defence in history?…I think the term is dipperitis.

The next game is always the most important. Palace will be tough but we can go and win.

What I don’t see mentioned much is that city are going back to back. History proves it’s harder than winning the league.

Liverpool’s mentality mushers have a slight advantage. Remember the time they won the league and then put up the worst defence in history?…I think the term is dipperitis.
It wasn’t quite the worst defence in history. We got relegated as Champions in 1938.

Even in the Prem United (finished 7th as Champions in 2014), Chelsea (finished 10th as Champions in 2015), and Leicester (finished 12th as Champions in 2016) have had worse seasons as champions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.