The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you replace Bournemouth and Nottingham Forest with two of the promoted teams from last season we are actually a point up on the same fixtures from last season.

We got 13 points last season from the corresponding played fixtures this season whereas we currently sit on 14.

I will be surprised if anyone hits 90+ this season as I just think it takes 2 teams winning every week putting pressure on each other to do so. Liverpool are the only team in the league who can do that alongside us and they look at 2 levels below what they have shown in past seasons.

The first half of the season is just going to be a hit and miss grind for us. I think adjusting to a Haaland focused team is going to see us change how we attack and defend with all outfield players needing to adjust their game a little.

I've said before but I'm certainly not counting Arsenal out of anything. They're young and hungry and more importantly, there's no real expectations to win it so the pressure is off. I think they'll batter United today.

If Arsenal want to win the league then I'd recommend they aim for the points total that the winners of the league have hit in the past five years not 1 point more than second place!
Not sure this Arsenal side is capable of 90 plus points. If they win it, it will because ourselves and the dippers have poor seasons.

We still haven’t played anyone from the top half and have played 4 of the bottom 6, so we need to get to 40 points before we look higher :)

We still haven’t played anyone from the top half and have played 4 of the bottom 6, so we need to get to 40 points before we look higher :)
Lol but definitely in a proper race this year 4 teams can win it i think..a further 3 teams will help decide the outcome... we sre no way cantering to any form of a title..and could easily fight for a top four spot..its not that unrealistic

I've said before but I'm certainly not counting Arsenal out of anything. They're young and hungry and more importantly, there's no real expectations to win it so the pressure is off. I think they'll batter United today.
Well that prediction was a good un :-)

As proven today. When they face someone they are historically poor against, they crap themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.