The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant stop looking back at the 2 games pre & post -World Cup.

Everton & Brentford

They were a shambles, 100% players wernt arsed v Brentford as long as they didn't get injured for Qatar & the game when they came back same again to many not a4sed especially the English & Portugl players, Cancelo had seen his arse, Dias not in the starting 11 & Walker & Foden still in holiday mode
Peps outburst was absalute bang on
Only 2 games but 2 home games we would have won especially that Everton game
But every season we have posters saying ‘if it wasn’t for x game…’ which completely misses the point of a 38 game season. It isn’t possible to go through a season and not have off days, and subpar results. Even in the centurion season, we dropped points we shouldn’t (Palace, Huddersfield).

It happens. It’s always happened and it always will.

By any objective measure our points total this season is good, and will probably be better at the end of the season.

I feel goal difference could play a part once again.

Hopefully we show no mercy come saturday tea time & put 8 past the saints

If there was a book on who’d win on GD with money returned if if didn’t, we’d be 1/100 minimum.

For that to happen we’d almost certainly have to beat them, which would give us a minimum of +4. For them to overturn that whilst picking up five less points from the remaining games, is almost unimaginable.

There’s always a couple of games like that every season. Usually at home and usually against similar profile teams.

I think it’s a bit insulting to suggest the players weren’t arsed. I’m not suggesting the World Cup was totally irrelevant to the Brentford performance in particular. But to put both results totally down to it, is hugely over simplifying matters.
Not from my seat in the ground, half hearted tackles, runs & closing down players 100% didn't want it against Brentford

Ivan Toney took the piss, the Everton game was a complete shambles were were shit one of our worst performances under Pep

Liverpool at home will take points of Arsenal it’s up to us to beat Southampton
I hope so but that Liverpool team are shocking at the moment.
They were poor against us and no better when they played Chelsea during the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.