The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool have been inconsistent this season, and poor at times. They are clearly a group of players on the wane, with a manager looking increasingly unhinged. Ilkay clearly fucking broke them. But, like all very good sides in decline, they are still capable of pulling a big result out of the hat episodically, especially at home, as they have proven against us (when they were the better team) United and Bournemouth.

To expect them to win is naive, but to completely write them off isn’t founded in logic. It’s perfectly plausible, with the home record they have, that that could click on Sunday and get a result, a draw sufficing. They’ve definitely got a decent chance of getting at least a draw at the weekend. Maybe 33% if I was going to put a number of it.

The sooner it’s in our hands, the better, as the more games Arsenal have with the pressure being seriously applied, the better, but it certainly won’t be over if we both win this weekend as 2012 and 2014 suitably demonstrate.

And as I’ve said previously, if they absorb that pressure and go on to win it, then completely fair fucks to them - they will have deserved it, and are worthy of respect.

Whichever team wins the League deserves it. The PL is brutal, but it is absolutely ridiculous that the CL teams are not helped in the fixture schedule.

I’d be very interested to see what a team like City could do if they threw away the Carabao & FA Cups in the first round with a team of kids, but we never will. That means we will continue to have fixture congestion that hinders the full potential of the team.

Given the number of games some teams play, and the general overall quality of teams in the PL, there seem to be far more “surprise” results in our league than elsewhere, with serious consequences.

Given the fact that Arsenal & City are streets ahead of the rest of the League in points, one might expect they would win their remaining games (leaving aside the game between them), which would assure Arsenal of a minimum 2 point lead at the end of the season, and the title.

However, I know of NO-ONE who believes both teams can have an otherwise 100% end to the season!

I cant see Arsenal winning at Anfield with Rob Holding and Gabriel in defence, this is Liverpool's first home game since the 7-0 win over man u, they will be up for this game.
Liverpool are shite, half that team ain't good enough & the better half have given up

Arsenal will beat them 1-3

City, Newcastle & Brighton is where they lose it, not shitty Liverpool imo

I cant stop looking back at the 2 games pre & post -World Cup.

Everton & Brentford

They were a shambles, 100% players wernt arsed v Brentford as long as they didn't get injured for Qatar & the game when they came back same again to many not a4sed especially the English & Portugl players, Cancelo had seen his arse, Dias not in the starting 11 & Walker & Foden still in holiday mode
Peps outburst was absalute bang on
Only 2 games but 2 home games we would have won especially that Everton game

Win Saturday at a place we find difficult & win by 4, got to keep scoring & it would be nice to get Eddy back on a clean sheet path

Rest maybe Dias & Stones for Laporte & Wslker in defence

Gundo for Berny

If Erling wants back in then play Alverez & Erling, please don't leave Julian out at Southampton

Got to manage these games in 2's

Southampton/Bayern

Liecester/Bayern

Chance to change things in both league games allowing rest for both Champions League games

Southampton

Eddy
Akanji Laporte
Walker Ake
Rodri
Kev Julian
Berny Jack
Erling (60 mins)

Bayern
Eddy
Akanji Dias
Stones Ake
Rodri
Kev Gundagun
Mahrez Jack
Erling

Big couple of weeks we play against the bottom 2 while arsenal have Liverpool away and a London Derby away at West ham. If they come through them 2 games with 6 points it's looking bleak for us even if we win both of our games.

I cant stop looking back at the 2 games pre & post -World Cup.

Everton & Brentford

They were a shambles, 100% players wernt arsed v Brentford as long as they didn't get injured for Qatar & the game when they came back same again to many not a4sed especially the English & Portugl players, Cancelo had seen his arse, Dias not in the starting 11 & Walker & Foden still in holiday mode
Peps outburst was absalute bang on
Only 2 games but 2 home games we would have won especially that Everton game

There’s always a couple of games like that every season. Usually at home and usually against similar profile teams.

I think it’s a bit insulting to suggest the players weren’t arsed. I’m not suggesting the World Cup was totally irrelevant to the Brentford performance in particular. But to put both results totally down to it, is hugely over simplifying matters.

I dont feel this Pool side can get anything. they were largely toothless against us apart from first shot on target=1goals, but even horrible teams can do that to us regularly.

vs Chelsea they were even more toothless.

imo the way Arse plays really does not favour Pool, Arsenal can be quick, high pressing and decisive, most likely they are 2-0 up in first half and then if Klopp opts to all out attack through the counter Arteta can punish him even more.

we do need Arsenal to start dropping points before we meet them, but I cant see them. a vastly out of form Pool aint gonna do any favours here imo.

also they can sit back and concentrate on PL games, Arteta did "well" losing to Sporting over two games, it would really not help them if they would have two play 2x games on Thursdays vs not completely mediocre clubs in Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.