The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they need Europa so badly why do English clubs treat it so badly? Weakened teams, playing youth players, most of them can’t wait to be relieved of the extra fixtures. The only clubs I see treating it properly are Seville and clubs from minor leagues.
United (twice), Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea have all reached the final in the last decade. Apart from Sevilla, which obviously have amazing pedigree, I don't think many teams have done as well as English teams have done. Obviously, English clubs have to balance different challenges and fixture congestion, and it's a complicated competition to manage and win, but I think it's unfair to say they don't take it seriously.

Not really getting this theory that they have to drop points this weekend

We've won there I think once in the last God knows how many games, and we've had some serious sides over the last 10 years

They've got some tough games to come, arguably tougher than tomorrow's game, if we are to take it at face value

So we either take tomorrow at face value, and then accept they've got much tougher games, or we appreciate that tomorrow is a really tough game for them to win, and therefore gives them one hand on the trophy

You can't have it both ways though!

Not sure it’s fair to say we bottled it against Real, mate. We just got hit with a quick one two near the end. Did QPR bottle it in 2012? Or Villa last season? Sometimes these things happen, and it’s one of the reasons we love football.
We bottled it, dominated both games and concede two soft goals at the end of the 180 minutes.

We bottled in when it was in our own hand in Notts. But a lot was down to not having a left back leaving us wide open to every rare attack, and the rest was very poor finishing in the box.

Not really getting this theory that they have to drop points this weekend

We've won there I think once in the last God knows how many games, and we've had some serious sides over the last 10 years

They've got some tough games to come, arguably tougher than tomorrow's game, if we are to take it at face value

So we either take tomorrow at face value, and then accept they've got much tougher games, or we appreciate that tomorrow is a really tough game for them to win, and therefore gives them one hand on the trophy

You can't have it both ways though!
Some good points albeit I do think it it is vital they drop points tomorrow. Arsenal have too much momentum and games are running out fast.

If you look at the home form table, Liverpool are 4th with just 9 conceded and they have played 2 games less than Arsenal so this is as tough as it gets in the league for Arsenal.

A win tomorrow for Arsenal and I think they win it. Only really Newcastle left I feel to help us out.

Screenshot 2023-04-08 at 12.07.44.png

Lot of points still to play for and as we know, if we can beat them at ours, Arsenal are only a draw away from us pulling level on points with them if we win our game in hand.

If we then match their results until the end of the season it's down to goal difference..

After Liverpool tomorrow they have the following games coming up in a couple of weeks, one after another..

Us Away
Chelsea Home
Newcastle Away
Brighton Home

Take ours out of the permutation as we need to win that really and you're left with 3 tough games which they could quite easily lose or draw one of them..

The upshot is, it doesn't matter if they beat the dippers tomorrow, it's not over by a long chalk..

If the Goons drop points tomorrow , the title is in our hands , if we can win every game and improve our goal difference there is nothing the Goons can do , despite all the fawning from the media the Goons f*ck up at Klanfield and we are in the driving seat.
Surprised not one pundit has mentioned this , they are blinded by their desperation for anybody but City to win the title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.