The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

This is too funny. Little chesney is proper pissed off. The meltdown is coming.

All too tense with 8 games to go.

One of them even says "it's over" when it goes to 2-2.

Looks like that tension is transferring to their players so hopefully that continues.

Still no chicken's being counted here but I have to say our chances have improved slightly with there last 2 results, stil think it won't be over until last day.

We are in mid April creeping into the last few weeks of the season and we still actually have good chance but a lot of ground to make up with the games in hand we have. I wouldn’t have believed that possible when we witnessed that awful display against Spurs. The game against them next week would be a fantastic opportunity to give them a good hammering and really put the doubts into the mountain they have to climb if they want to win the league.

They are a good team Arsenal and have done exceptionally well this year, you compare them to City and they are not on their level football wise.

Two players who especially won’t be happy with their “points gained”
Jesus and zinchenko. Two linchpins for Arsenal who both know first hand how good city are at chasing down rivals

I saw Arteta & Jesus interviewed & they both looked shit scared. Jesus mentioned about just how good we are, they’ll recognise that we are in the groove & what that means.

The school of thought seems to be cool heads coming from those who have done it. I think it could be those knowing they are in an inferior team & can feel City coming for them.

Virtually every arse fan I’ve seen on social media is crying about it being all over

Ffs.. grow some bollocks… I hope their players are as spineless as their supporters
All season they've been singing, dancing and crowing about being champions elect and casually dismissing City, two draws later and they look seriously depressed about their chances. I remember the draw away at Stoke, the home draw against Sunderland and I think we lost at Arsenal with Arteta scoring the winner with just handful of games left in the 93.20 season, the odds were stacked against us, but I don't remember people falling apart to the extent this lot are.

Arsenal dropped 7 pts in the first 19 games and 12 pts in the next 12 games.

Form can change like that.

Impressively, 538 had them on fewer than 90 pts at the end of the season when they were on course to 100 pts...Maybe 538 underestimated City a bit, because such models abstract from important contextual factors, such as City having Pep, experience, ability to go on winning runs, etc.

Now, even if Arsenal regain their form from the first 19 games, they may find it difficult to finish 1st, unless they get a result at the Etihad and win the other games. It's not impossible. Football can surprise us, that's why it's a great game. It's not probable, though.

Edit: Arguably, the best case scenario for City is to win the title with Arsenal winning more pts than the Invincibles: 91-2 pts. I'd be very happy to win the title period, but it would be funny if they won more pts than the Invincibles and failed.

Last edited:
All season they've been singing, dancing and crowing about being champions elect and casually dismissing City, two draws later and they look seriously depressed about their chances. I remember the draw away at Stoke, the home draw against Sunderland and I think we lost at Arsenal with Arteta scoring the winner with just handful of games left in the 93.20 season, the odds were stacked against us, but I don't remember people falling apart to the extent this lot are.
Maybe we're just used to the cultish delusion of LFC weirdos?

Funny seeing Arsenal gimps moaning that rag fans want us to win the league over them. Might be a few cockney reds like that but I don’t know one match going rag who isn’t desperate for Arsenal to win it over us.

I was talking to a mate of mine about this the other day. He’s a United fan. He basically said what you just said. The United fans in London want City to win it because they’re surrounded by Arsenal fans while United fans in Manchester are desperate for Arsenal to win it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.