The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was talking to a mate of mine about this the other day. He’s a United fan. He basically said what you just said. The United fans in London want City to win it because they’re surrounded by Arsenal fans while United fans in Manchester are desperate for Arsenal to win it.

The United fans in London will change their minds if City reach both cup finals and the threat of winning the treble becomes quite real.

For what it's worth, I still think it's Arsenal's to lose. They can come to the Etihad, and if they get a draw, we're in difficulties again. I don't think they'll come for a draw, because that's not the way they play, they play to win (and the fact that they fucked up the last two matches doesn't alter that), but if it pans out like that, then we depend on them to drop points elsewhere, and us to be virtually perfect.
The fact that they will not sit with men behind the ball, though, is unquestionably to our advantage. Arteta will be in two minds, I think. That's good. We are in one mind — and one only — at present.

Incidentally, people might not have noticed it, but it was a very fine weekend for MCFC across the board. The EDS fought a good match against quite a tough opponent, and came out comfortable winners. They're firmly on course for a third title in a row. Showing the seniors the way?
And the youngsters picked themselves up from that devastatingly unjust cup exit against Arsenal to beat the young rags in the derby. They're at the top of their table too. The girls are on a wobbly stretch, a bit. You can't have everything.
Good times.

The best thing about them dropping points is it means they'll play us a maximum of 7pts ahead which means they're not so far out of sight that there's no pressure on them. Our league game with them starts a run of 4 games in about 11 days. They play Chelsea (h) and Newcastle (a) whilst we have Fulham (a), West Ham (h) and Leeds (h). 7th May those games are done and whilst we'll still have a game in hand, a clearer picture will emerge.

Their final three is Brighton (h), Forest (a), Wolves (h). Tricky. But our final four is Everton (a), Chelsea (h), Brighton (a), Brentford (a).

It's going down to the wire! We just have to beat them a week on Wednesday, that hasn't changed. Do that and it will stick a real knife in them and hopefully Chelsea and Newcastle pounce when they're vulnerable.

psychology is a crucial factor, i am convinced that our decade of success gives us the edge when the chips are down. Knowing the slightest mistake could end the race will be ever-present and stifles and inhibits performances, more so for the front-runners, as the chasers have nothing to lose. Clever rotation and game management ensures physical burn -out will not be a factor in "our" squad, i dont think the arse can claim that. To put an end to the desperate and puerile claims that Pep has flopped by not winning the ECL, so often trotted out by the red-shirt sychophants in the msm, I would like us to win it, but not too arsed as long as we go down fighting, To be "there" or very close in all the major comps for a decade means from top to bottom, the club has a solid holistic foundation. Imho of course

All season they've been singing, dancing and crowing about being champions elect and casually dismissing City, two draws later and they look seriously depressed about their chances. I remember the draw away at Stoke, the home draw against Sunderland and I think we lost at Arsenal with Arteta scoring the winner with just handful of games left in the 93.20 season, the odds were stacked against us, but I don't remember people falling apart to the extent this lot are.

There were a few on here saying it was over, if I remember correctly. And I will admit that I thought it. But I didn't say it, to anyone. As if saying it would make it real. I made my way very glumly to the stadium for the West Brom game, I remember, thinking “Well, you've just got to get into the trenches again, because that's what we do”.
Then everything changed. At the end of that game, with the news from Wigan, I was completely elated. Momentum seemed to have shifted decisively.
If they get a draw, or even a win, at the Etihad, everything will change mentally for them. And us. Make no mistake, this is our rags derby game of April 2012, or the closest thing to it. Exciting times.

Last edited:
For what it's worth, I still think it's Arsenal's to lose. They can come to the Etihad, and if they get a draw, we're in difficulties again. I don't think they'll come for a draw, because that's not the way they play, they play to win (and the fact that they fucked up the last two matches doesn't alter that), but if it pans out like that, then we depend on them to drop points elsewhere, and us to be virtually perfect.
The fact that they will not sit with men behind the ball, though, is unquestionably to our advantage. Arteta will be in two minds, I think. That's good. We are in one mind — and one only — at present.

Incidentally, people might not have noticed it, but it was a very fine weekend for MCFC across the board. The EDS fought a good match against quite a tough opponent, and came out comfortable winners. They're firmly on course for a third title in a row. Showing the seniors the way?
And the youngsters picked themselves up from that devastatingly unjust cup exit against Arsenal to beat the young rags in the derby. They're at the top of their table too. The girls are on a wobbly stretch, a bit. You can't have everything.
Good times.
Girls keep losing top players to European clubs. Could we not fund them better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.