The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was talking to a mate of mine about this the other day. He’s a United fan. He basically said what you just said. The United fans in London want City to win it because they’re surrounded by Arsenal fans while United fans in Manchester are desperate for Arsenal to win it.
Oddly enough, i watched 2nd half of Arse game in the pub yesterday and every rag in there was cheering on the Hammers.

There were a few on here saying it was over, if I remember correctly. And I will admit that I thought it. But I didn't say it, to anyone. As if saying it would make it real. I made my way very glumly to the stadium for the West Brom game, I remember, thinking “Well, you've just got to get into the trenches again, because that's what we do”.
Then everything changed. At the end of that game, with the news from Wigan, I was completely elated. Momentum seemed to have shifted decisively.
If they get a draw, or even a win, at the Etihad, everything will change mentally for them. And us. Make no mistake, this is our rags derby game of April 2012, or the closest thing to it. Exciting times.
Agree with you, but I seem to remember most of us telling those who were getting giddy in presuming we would win the title to button it throughout the season, unlike the Tarquins, who were giving it large from the day they went top. If they do miss out it would be hard to have sympathy with a fan base that would become as unbearable as the dippers with any success.

Arsenal surely have to have the softest bunch of fans in the league. A lot of them are throwing in the towel and admitting that it's over for them. What will they be saying if they get any result at the Etihad? You just know that if they do end up winning it they'll be acting as if it was never in doubt.

I was talking to a mate of mine about this the other day. He’s a United fan. He basically said what you just said. The United fans in London want City to win it because they’re surrounded by Arsenal fans while United fans in Manchester are desperate for Arsenal to win it.
Arsenal arent very liked either, I know a bin dipper season ticket holder who wants us to win it.

If we get past Sheffield United, Real Madrid and get ahead of Arsenal in the league, I suspect they will all start begging for an Arsenal win to stop any risk to their treble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.