The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Using all my maths skills i worked out that them dropping another 2 points yesterday doesn't make that much difference..
It does as if we had won every game and they did apart from against us then it would be down to goal difference. More importantly though it's the psychological effect that dropping those two points and losing another two goal lead that will harm them. All the talk today is have they blown the title when it's still in their hands and we still have to beat them.

All season they've been singing, dancing and crowing about being champions elect and casually dismissing City, two draws later and they look seriously depressed about their chances. I remember the draw away at Stoke, the home draw against Sunderland and I think we lost at Arsenal with Arteta scoring the winner with just handful of games left in the 93.20 season, the odds were stacked against us, but I don't remember people falling apart to the extent this lot are.
we certainly were after the Arsenal match

It means that if we beat them, we can afford to drop two points more than Arsenal in the other games and still be champions.

That's quite a big difference.
I can't see how people cant grasp Arsenal dropping 2 points is huge

"doesn't make that much difference.." @stonerblue
We will only know at end of season

Arsenal surely have to have the softest bunch of fans in the league. A lot of them are throwing in the towel and admitting that it's over for them. What will they be saying if they get any result at the Etihad? You just know that if they do end up winning it they'll be acting as if it was never in doubt.
Best to leave the Arse fans too it, they seem to be aiding and abetting the team to implosion, you can only imagine the atmosphere friday if they aren’t 2-0 up after twenty minutes. They’ve rode their luck (Bournemouth/Villa) and had plenty of help from the officials, now it’s down to Us v them and for some reason Arteta doesn’t seem to be engaging, everything that comes out of his mouth is protectionist, when he could galvanise the whole club by showing some fight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.