The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we beat Arsenal, we could draw two of our last seven games and still win the title.

But if we beat Arsenal, I'd be surprised if they win their last five. Looking at the fixtures, we could head into that last very tricky week needing just one win from three matches.

Sounds good, a nice tight, twitchy bum hole, 0-1 win at Brentford sounds good to me

I'd still be confident if Arsenal won at ours next week.

A seven point gap but with two games still in hand.

The pressure on Arsenal would be truly immense and going in to three tough fixtures for them.

I'd still anticipate they would drop points again before us.

The draw at home to Southampton has afforded us a terrible night at the Etihad next week.
8 point gap.

If either team wins, the odds at the bookies will obviously swing their way.
If it's a draw, would the odds swing our way?

If either team wins, the odds at the bookies will obviously swing their way.
If it's a draw, would the odds swing our way?

Think we’re currently 2/9, I think if we draw with Arsenal it will pretty much stay the same

If we beat Arsenal, we could draw two of our last seven games and still win the title.

But if we beat Arsenal, I'd be surprised if they win their last five. Looking at the fixtures, we could head into that last very tricky week needing just one win from three matches.
Hopefully the first match, win it at home v Chelsea. Not expecting it though.

It would be a terrible night but not a fatal one.

Had Arsenal be coming to us next Wednesday with a seven point gap and a win against us, that would likely be fatal.

I don't see how anyone can suggest a draw or win for us puts any type of seal on things?

Both teams have difficult games to come which can render a positive result on Wednesday (for either side) pretty much all still about momentum.

I would still expect us to win the title if we lost next week.
Yes everyone focussing on arsenals games but we have Chelsea at home, Brighton away midweek and then Brentford away last week of the season! Hardly straightforward. A massive game on Wednesday and a win would be huge but nothing is decided on Wednesday- the media will say it is but that’s just to sell the game!

The tactical time out cheating, 16 min extra time, last min winners etc.That’s not what I am talking about. I am more alluding to competing against a relentless machine. It’s been a fantastic couple of months for City. Very much on form, finding a new system to compensate the fullback problem. I don’t know, just when it’s going too good something normally happens in football. Not saying Arsenal deserve any luck but when you look down and broken something happens. I can envisage a match were by city get screwed ala united. Maybe luck is the wrong way to describe it.
Cheated is the word your looking for.

you know ,after the title race of 11/12 anything else is a breeze mentally ,looking forward rather than dreading it.

Remember that feeling just before the spurs match in the fa cup when we thought it was our year, well i have that same feeling again, what could possibly go wrong :)
Nah that win in 2018 the 14 game run was fucking awful, especially the two Spurs games back to back, that Saturday after they’d beat us in CL was awful.

Hopefully the first match, win it at home v Chelsea. Not expecting it though.
On paper it's the most likely scenario - If we beat Arsenal, then our next four are the easiest games we have in the run in. For Arsenal, after playing us, they have their toughest run Chelsea, Brighton and Newcastle.

Our final week of Chelsea at home, then Brighton and Brentford away is the tough bit, so the *expectation* is that we'll go further ahead of Arsenal before that last week.

Obviously all it needs is for them to get through that run with 9 points, for us to have one unlucky game, and it's suddenly looking like a scary final week again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.