The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
They’ve slowly starting to turn on each other too. I was chatting some Arsenal lot after the game last night and they were telling me half the team aren’t good enough now. The same people were waxing lyrical about everyone they had in the cup game. Surprisingly they were giving it Zinchenko and Gabriel Jesus quite a bit. They think Zinchenko is an awful defender and they don’t like his attitude. They think Gabriel Jesus needs too many chances to score to be a decent number 9. They said they would prefer them gone. It’s a toxic club through its core, that’s all I can say.
For a club who haven't retained a league title since 1935, their fans are incredibly entitled/spoilt. No one living remembers Arsenal dominating football like City is doing right now. They bang on about the invincibles which was a brilliant achievement, but it's hollow if you finish 12 points behind Chelsea the following year.

I think they're jealous that City has become the club they dreamed Arsenal would under Wenger.

They cry 'oil money' while playing in the Emirates stadium with no sense of irony. They're almost a parody club.

I've percolated on his for a few more hours.

After predicting we would tonk Arsenal by three clear goals ;)

I will tip Chelsea to get a draw and Newcastle to beat them, before they beat Brighton at home.

Three points.
Bloody hell TH, that’s a bold prediction. I know you’ve always believed they would fall away as it moved toward the sticky end of the season (as did I)…….

funnily enough spoke to a scouser today (some of them are not bitter) and he reckoned we would win the league by 10 clear points…

The thing that really nails it for me is the fact that if we can do that to arsenal and Bayern Munich the others will now be thinking how can we keep the score respectable and not can we actually beat city
It’s a mentality thing
Teams think they can get at arsenal as well

They’ve slowly starting to turn on each other too. I was chatting some Arsenal lot after the game last night and they were telling me half the team aren’t good enough now. The same people were waxing lyrical about everyone they had in the cup game. Surprisingly they were giving it Zinchenko and Gabriel Jesus quite a bit. They think Zinchenko is an awful defender and they don’t like his attitude. They think Gabriel Jesus needs too many chances to score to be a decent number 9. They said they would prefer them gone. It’s a toxic club through its core, that’s all I can say.
They are right about Zinchenko being suspect defensively and Jesus will never be prolific but is a decent forward in much the the same way as Alvarez.

Bloody hell TH, that’s a bold prediction. I know you’ve always believed they would fall away as it moved toward the sticky end of the season (as did I)…….

funnily enough spoke to a scouser today (some of them are not bitter) and he reckoned we would win the league by 10 clear points…

Having been there last night, I'm convinced if we win our next three this coming week, we will win it with a couple games to spare.

90-91 points and a five point gap to Latte FC.

I've percolated on his for a few more hours.

After predicting we would tonk Arsenal by three clear goals ;)

I will tip Chelsea to get a draw and Newcastle to beat them, before they beat Brighton at home.

Three points.
My guess is they beat Chelsea (they're so bad right now), lose to Newcastle, and draw Brighton. Great opportunity, but up to us to take care of things in our next three to put a insurmountable gap in. We do not want to let them hang around, would be asking for trouble.

Chelsea might have had a chance if they got Poch in the door a week or so back. But under Lampard, this chelsea side will be on the end of a tonking. They are dismal, devoid of any ideas or confidence.

The hairdo is right they just don't look like a team that can put a string of wins together. Their confidence has disappeared into the ether and I doubt very much if that defence can even manage to keep Chelsea scoreless. I will be surprised if they get more than 9 points from their remaining games which would mean that 11 would probably be enough for us.

My guess is they beat Chelsea (they're so bad right now), lose to Newcastle, and draw Brighton. Great opportunity, but up to us to take care of things in our next three to put a insurmountable gap in. We do not want to let them hang around, would be asking for trouble.

People maybe underestimate how much Chelsea and Arsenal hate each other?

They are indeed shit, but they have individual talents who can pull something together and I think Frank will at least lay it on the line what it means to Chelsea fans to stop Arsenal winning the title.

I will be far calmer should we win our next three, as Arsenal will simply run out of games.

But I would never doubt us going to win at Brighton and Brentford if we have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.