The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
It amazes me that the media are writing arsenal off. If anyone knows how things can change very quickly it’s us. Both teams have some tricky fixtures left. Still all to play for but it’s looking good for us. We look focused and playing brilliant football.

If we have to win 6 of 7 games we will

we are playing the best football of the Pep era right now

Arsenal are a very good side but we made them look very ordinary last night

Of course it's not over. Big ("massive", even!) game on sunday now. Win that and we go top. It'll be interesting to see how Arsenal cope with that mentally. They play Chelsea on tuesday night, and they ought to win that (you'd fancy Arsenal's ladies to beat Chelsea right now!
No teams worry me now. Just the refs

4 games on the road, 3 games at home

It's not over.. we have to do the business..

A bit nervous but atleast we don't have someone mad stupid like Cancelo who got red carded away at Brighton and at home vs Fulham and made it harder on the whole team.

Not worried about Arsenal.. have to do our jobs and get some difficult wins on the road!

They’re slowly starting to turn on each other too. I was chatting some Arsenal lot after the game last night and they were telling me half the team aren’t good enough now. The same people were waxing lyrical about everyone they had in the cup game. Surprisingly they were giving it Zinchenko and Gabriel Jesus quite a bit. They think Zinchenko is an awful defender and they don’t like his attitude. They think Gabriel Jesus needs too many chances to score to be a decent number 9. They said they would prefer them gone. It’s a toxic club through its core, that’s all I can say.
Wow Zinny and Jesus deserve better.
Shame on those Arsenal "supporters".

Would they be challenging in the league without our City players? I don't believe they would be.

It amazes me that the media are writing arsenal off. If anyone knows how things can change very quickly it’s us. Both teams have some tricky fixtures left. Still all to play for but it’s looking good for us. We look focused and playing brilliant football.
It's not about the fixtures though, they haven't won for 4 games and scraped over the line in others before that.

If we have to win 6 of 7 games we will

we are playing the best football of the Pep era right now

Arsenal are a very good side but we made them look very ordinary last night
We don't. Draw 2 and win the other 5, and we'll be on 90 pts. Which is the maximum Arsenal can achieve. And our GD (relative to theirs) got a healthy boost last night.

If I was Arteta I'd be telling his team to completely forget about the league title and instead target the 90 points that the invincibles got. If we slip up then they're back in it, but if not what an achievement and narrative to give to the fans. And I think City have to work on the assumption that it needs to be 91 points.
Looking at their last four games, I'd say they've carried that out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.