The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Newcastle will be too much for them. At home Barcodes are decent, they need to raise their game tho.

Now we play 2 times before they play Castle away on Sunday. Us winning 2 times and have 4 points lead on same number of games and they potentially lose the next one is what we need to target here.

No easy games tho, Moyes and Big Fat Sam will be out to get us and use any earned point vs City as proof they can maintain momentum and "you can do it" mantra towards their survival fight.

Also Liverpool now plays 2 times before Newcastle-Arsenal, they can get within 3 points of Newcastle. Mentally that is lot of pressure for Castle too.

Arsenal could say the same about southampton, Liverpool and West Ham games. If they didn’t toss away the lead and ramsdale pass straight to a saints player they could have come to the Etihad needing a draw which would have changed the game drastically. Every team has had moments that have cost them points. No team is perfect
The galling part for us was we had done the hard part in beating Arsenal at Emirates.

We have to get maximum points out of West Ham, Leeds and Chelsea ar home. They have Newcastle and Brighton away in that period and the title could be as good as won if we win and they lose them both.

We have to get maximum points out of West Ham, Leeds and Chelsea ar home. They have Newcastle and Brighton away in that period and the title could be as good as won if we win and they lose them both.
Theirs is Brighton at home, but tough one nonetheless. Agree, we need to take max points from West Ham and leeds for starters

two games in the bank where we can draw them or one in the bank we can lose so we have room for any slip ups,win tomorrow and against leeds and if they drop anything at newcastle were very near to crossing the line

two games in the bank where we can draw them or one in the bank we can lose so we have room for any slip ups,win tomorrow and against leeds and if they drop anything at newcastle were very near to crossing the line

Is the correct answer.

We'll be 4 clear by the time they next play

We have tougher games in the last couple of weeks, so we could do with keeping that "room for error" until then. Hammers L***s, Everton and Chelsea coming up. 10 pts minimum, please.

I never thought Chelsea were going to get anything tonight. Anyone who'd watched their last 6 or 7 games would have had low expectations for tonight. Has to be said, though; there seemed to be a few who were confident that Chelsea would get something. Newcastle and Brighton should give Arsenal tougher tests.
I had a (very) faint interest in the game because I was in the 'Chelsea have to pick up some points sooner or later' camp. That went out the window 5 minutes in when I saw how genuinely piss poor Chelsea were. Newcastle away is the banker for them dropping points.. if they win there, then I might start getting a twitchy bum.
I never thought Chelsea were going to get anything tonight. Anyone who'd watched their last 6 or 7 games would have had low expectations for tonight. Has to be said, though; there seemed to be a few who were confident that Chelsea would get something. Newcastle and Brighton should give Arsenal tougher tests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.