The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's an extraordinary ask of Allardyce to transform this Leeds team in the space of three days.
Fat Sam and Leeds the only thing they will be getting at The Etihad is an absolute pasting.

He can do whatever he likes with Leeds defensively parking buses on Saturday. That all gets fucked out the window when they go behind.

What a terrible appointment by Leeds.

City's next four matches are all winnable: West Ham, Leeds, Everton, and Chelsea, particularly as three of them are at home.

That would make it next to impossible for Arsenal. Any slip ups from Arsenal away to Newcastle or at home to Brighton, could already have effectively handed City the title.

City would still have a very tough away match at Brighton and a less problematic match at Brentford.

Winning the next two games is crucial to win the title. We will be up by 4 points and Arsenal will face Newcastle and might lose some points under the pressure.
First sentence fully agreed and it’s all that matters.
Quite a few posters today adding a second sentence similar to that one, but personally I’d rather not be expecting that to happen, or even articulating it, because if it then doesn’t happen it risks taking a bit of the shine off those 6 points we’ve just picked up. And it’ll get spun as another “momentum shift” or some such bull in the media, and even by a few on here.
As such I’m going into the weekend, regardless of our next 2 results, fully expecting Arsenal to win up in Newcastle, of which they are more than capable.

Short version - I’m being glass half empty on this ;-)

Winning the next two games is crucial to win the title. We will be up by 4 points and Arsenal will face Newcastle and might lose some points under the pressure.

The crowd will be right up for this game on Sunday, can Arsenal live with that? They haven’t in the past and their game tonight will have no reflection on how they cope at St James' Park.

Arsenal will face a totally different opposition and it will be interesting to see how they react to it. I think we'll be at them like we were against Spurs, we’ll be hungry, we’ll be direct and we will more than likely attack them as often as we can. I just hope we press them from the first minute until the last.

Our players will give everything to beat Arsenal who look like they could leak goals.

My only fear is Saka and Martinelli up against Burn and Trippier because neither defender has any pace. The key might also be how Arsenal cope with Isak and I’m not sure that they have it in them to stop him.

We’ll also have to find a way to stop Odergaard and I think Howe will find a way to do that. Personally, I would go with Joelinton as our number 6 and push Bruno further forward, I don’t know if Howe will do that. He’s more likely to play Bruno as the number 6 which he can do, he’s just not as full blooded into tackles as Joelinton.

Agree. I think the run of three matches that were in Fulham, WHU, Leeds were/are all must win to apply maximum pressure and potentially give us a little margin for error/rotation in the run-in. Pep has even mentioned them all as a block, suggesting he thinks it too. As a minimum we could be 4 points clear on even number of matches with Arsenal then having to play away to Newcastle at the end of that run.

I was tempted yesterday to stick a £100 on Arsenal at 12-1, god I pray I don’t regret that, I’m still confident we will do it but the margins are much finer than everyone will have us believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.