The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interestingly, if you watched the match, there wasn’t actually much between Newcastle and Arsenal (a sentiment the Robbies on NBC agreed with, which was a nice change from Neville’s desperate, sycophantic shit chatting). Newcastle just failed to put away their chances and conceded an own goal that effectively killed off the match (though, they did have have a few more chances after that).

They actually had the Arses on the ropes for the first 10 minutes and it would have likely been a very different game the Barcodes had put in any one of their three big chances during that period of dominance.

I think it puts our Arsenal and Newcastle (and even Leeds) performances in to perspective.

We got 10 out of 12 points off them; we beat Leeds without some of our most important players and conserved energy in the process. We are clearly the better side.

We just need to keep winning and see if Arsenal can deal with the mounting pressure.

I still don’t think they win all of their reaming games, but it won’t matter if we win 3 of the 4 remaining for us.

And we can do better than that, just ask dipper fans, players, and bewildered Klopp.

I am still pretty confident we will at least win the league, and likely the FA Cup.

I think we also can go on to win the CL but my confidence for that depends on that depends on the result on Tuesday.

But even if we don’t win any of the remaining comps, I will still be a proud (though, disappointed) blue and feel incredibly lucky to have been a fan when we were shite and now when we are arguably the best club team in the world.

Up the blues!

I think sometimes we look at our own hand of cards a little too harshly when compared to others.

Arsenal have to go away to 18th place Forest (30pts) and that's an "easy game".

We have 19th place Everton (29pts) away, and that's "tricky".

It's in our hands. That's all we can ask. We know we're good enough to get the job done. Have faith.
The Everton game is 'tricky' because its after the game againts real madrid, hows that so hard to understand.

most likely beat everton and chelsea, then go into the final two looking for two ponts to secure it, arsenal not guaranteed to beat Brighton as we seen with their Southampton game so even if they were to draw that they would be in big trouble

Draw two and we can lose on goal difference
Considering we are currently 14 goals better off and if we won 2 and drew 2 would see that goal difference move to +16 at the worst.

That means Arsenal would have to win each of their remaining games by an average of 5.5 goals.

I very much doubt that is going to happen.

They believe that we will win the league so all the concentration is on getting max points! The pressure only goes back on them if they have a chance of winning the league as in we lose to Everton then they will think they have chance just because the teams we have left plus champ league games
I think the pressure is on, regardless.

And I think it only builds given they were in poll position going in to the last 10 matches but then drew three straight matches (barely avoiding defeat in all of them) and then got completely thrashed by us (the score line flattered them).

This will be like it was for Liverpool during the Gerrard slip season: believing they could finally do it, only to collapse and see us go on a ridiculous run to pip them.

Just ask the dipper players and fans how they feel about us doing this to them multiple times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.