The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's like saying when we needed to beat liverpool in '19 to stay in it, between the two of us, we bottled it, so when we meet Arsenal in February they are guaranteed to beat us.

We got beat at home, by Brentford, when we had the chance to put real pressure on them. Points can be dropped at any point, by either side. They might not need to wait till the end of the year to 'collapse'. Similarly they might be comfortable by then. I don't get why so many want to put a formula against it.

I think we are the better team, and over the season that should show. That's it.

Facts are we more than likely we don’t bottle it and thinking that way after we won 14 games on the bounce to beat Liverpool by one point tells you this team don’t bottle it! Fact are arsenal bottled top four last season! Will they bottle it this season!? All we can go on now is last few seasons and they did!

Facts are we more than likely we don’t bottle it and thinking that way after we won 14 games on the bounce to beat Liverpool by one point tells you this team don’t bottle it! Fact are arsenal bottled top four last season! Will they bottle it this season!? All we can go on now is last few seasons and they did!

100% right there pal.

I always felt that over the course of a season the best team wins and to a larger extent that is true. However, there are certain seasons when another club wins the league or nearly wins it. As close as the dippers have been to us in recent years it always looked like we were better by a bigger margin than the final table suggested. As long as you are much better than the rest, get a good start and don’t lose too much ground in the fixtures against your title rivals you have a good chance. The key is that you don’t have to beat the title contenders every week, you just have to maintain momentum even when you have the inevitable seasonal dip in form.

Last edited:
Pressure is on Arsenal, I do believe you are favourites, you’ve played all the top teams bar us and won each match except the rags (where you were the better team).

You can afford a couple of defeats, we have to be lost perfect. I’m going against the grain here but I suspect you will increase your lead throughout January and still be top end of March, April will be the month where you will decide if you are champions!

Bookies have you at 1/2 for the title and I’d at 3/1 so you are clear favourites
Losing Jesus for a few months is a big blow and if we don’t strengthen this January I’d see us struggle to maintain our form.

People mentioning Leicester vibes?

Didn't they win the title with 81 points or something?

It will take more than that this year!
Yeah and as much as Newcastle are having a great season if us and Arsenal win our game in hand we’re 5 and 10 points clear of the Geordie’s and that’s after they’ve won 6 on the bounce. They’re bound to have a dip at some point.

People mentioning Leicester vibes?

Didn't they win the title with 81 points or something?

It will take more than that this year!
I think they just mean a team that wasn't expected to win it rather than points total. They look like getting a lot more than 81 points but then again so do we and we've done it multiple times.

It's shaping up to be another really exciting title race.

Can’t be happening, as only Klopp has kept this league interesting.

His and his alone coaching and managing ability made Liverpool be able to keep up with this team of £100 million plus players.

Without that no other team can compete and City win at a counter.

The Premier League should really be thanking Klopp for keeping it as interesting as it has been and how boring the PL race would be without Liverpool in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.