The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no need to panic yet but the two games against Arsenal are starting to look more and more pivotal.

We look nothing like a title winning team this season. That’s our TENTH poor league performance of the season already. There are seasons where we don’t even have ten poor performances in all competitions by the end of the season.

We are currently on course for 85 points and that’s after the easiest set of fixtures of any team to date. You could probably realistically say we’re on course for lower than that with our fixtures from now on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Might just change the thread name to "How many points will Arsenal get this season?". The decision to sell two valuable squad members to them, at a discount price as well, is turning out to be one of the worst decisions made by our club in recent years. Not that Arsenal are insanely good, but City 22/23 is nowhere near as good as other City sides in recent years. It seems like we are struggling in every other game this season.

Last edited:
Might just change the thread name to "How many points will Arsenal get this season?". The decision to sell two valuable squad members to them, at a discount price as well, is turning out to be one of the worst decisions made by our club in recent years. Not that Arsenal are insanely good, but City 22/22 is nowhere near as good as other City sides in recent years. It seems like we are struggling in every other game this season.
Good prices for both given their contracts and desire to leave. And cleared the squad space to bring in te likes of Haaland/Alvarez.

Good prices for both given their contracts and desire to leave. And cleared the squad space to bring in te likes of Haaland/Alvarez.
Thank god we sold Zinchenko so we could make room for Haaland! And nonetheless we sold them to Arsenal since we made a huge misjudgment and didnt even consider them as competitor for the league. We would never have sold them to Liverpool for instance. Easy to say now, and not as easy to predict then, but now its clear that selling them to Arsenal was a mistake.

We don’t look like a team that knows how to grind out results at the moment. We have usually been able to pull out results when we need to. This season we’ve dropped points to Brentford, Villa and now Everton. Last season once we scored first we almost always won. Three times this season already we’ve gone and front but didn’t win.

We’re also gone soft at the back, after a decent start Akanji is struggling. We desperately miss a proper overlapping left back. When Grealish plays we’re far too narrow. If we don’t tighten up at the back and somehow get our rhythm back we’ll be far too far behind to put any pressure on Arsenal.

Watching Arsenal, they offer a real threat going forward, so far the loss of Jesus isn’t affecting them at all.

To be fair, this season has been a bit of a joke with the World Cup in the middle. Players focusing on that rather than domestic stuff and now an insanely busy few weeks. I hope we win the league but this might not be out year. Its still looking promising for the Chumps league (Haaland might make the difference this year) and league cup. Would be nice to win the FA Cup again too. Still a very good season is a possibility. Come on you Blues!

To be fair, this season has been a bit of a joke with the World Cup in the middle. Players focusing on that rather than domestic stuff and now an insanely busy few weeks. I hope we win the league but this might not be out year. It’s still looking promising for the Chumps league (Haaland might make the difference this year) and league cup. Would be nice to win the FA Cup again too. Still a very good season is a possibility. Come on you Blues!
I thought I could put that cunting World Cup behind me but I haven’t realised how much it really has pissed me off! Ruined our season massively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.