The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want Arsenal to get 8-10 points ahead - there's nothing more enjoyable for a true City fan than a proper chase.

After having some time to settle, we won the league when we were 8 points behind United with 6 games to go. This Arsenal team do look very good and we don’t look quite sharp, which is the worry. Two seasons ago we were in bad shape around this time of year, just drew to West Brom at home. We then beat Chelsea away and couldn’t stop winning for months. I wouldn’t write us off just yet.

We are not yet at the turn around and the league is a marathon not a sprint..........but 1 point out of Brentford and Everton at home is poor.

But thereagain I didn't think we'd win at Leeds, so we've got the same 4 points that I thought we'd get, but arse about face so to speak.
3 games to the halfway point - easy to forget that as obviously we are usually past the halfway point by the turn of the year. All in our hands - if arsenal lose / draw a couple and we win all three things look very different by 19 games in.

If arsenal win their next 3 they will be on 52 points. If they manage the same in the second half of the season that'll be 104. If they do that I'll suck my own cock and everyone else's on here.

Still lots of points to be won and lost. Nowhere near over this and I’ve got to say, Arsenal being above us doesn’t feel anywhere near as bad as it being either Liverpool or United for some reason.
There are going to be lots more twists and turns………. And bluemoon rants. Let’s enjoy the ride #CTID

Man City lost their identity of goalscoring wingers & getting their wingers into areas for dangerous cut-backs. Liverpool lost their identity of midfield compactness/physicality to sustain wave after wave of pressure. Arsenal gained both concepts & it’s why they’re 7 points clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.