The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Predicted long ago that Arsenal would do well this season and that we were going to win by 4 pts or thereabouts. Still think we are going to win, maybe by 1 point unstead of 4. We have an amazing team. Our problem is that some of the leaders will be less consistent due to being on the wrong side of 30 and that we have won 4 from the last 5 titles. It's only natural that we are less motivated to win the PL than last season.

But Arsenal will struggle at some point with something like 2 pts from 3 games.

City 87, Arsenal 85.

Predicted long ago that Arsenal would do well this season and that we were going to win by 4 pts or thereabouts. Still think we are going to win, maybe by 1 point unstead of 4. We have an amazing team. Our problem is that some of the leaders will be less consistent due to being on the wrong side of 30 and that we have won 4 from the last 5 titles. It's only natural that we are less motivated to win the PL than last season.

But Arsenal will struggle at some point with something like 2 pts from 3 games.

City 87, Arsenal 85.
Arsenal have 43 points

85 - 43 = 42 points needed to get to 85

42 points divided by games remaining 22 = 1.9

1.9 prorate 38 = 72 points.

So basically, your saying our second half form will regress to a team capable of taking 72 points which is 3 more points than we managed last season.

I think there is more than a 50% chance we will get at least 90 points.

Arsenal have 43 points

85 - 43 = 42 points needed to get to 85

42 points divided by games remaining 22 = 1.9

1.9 prorate 38 = 72 points.

So basically, your saying our second half form will regress to a team capable of taking 72 points which is 3 more points than we managed last season.

I think there is more than a 50% chance we will get at least 90 points.

Arsenal can collapse suddenly. Far more experienced teams collapsed in the past, e.g. Ferguson's United in 97/98 and 11/12 (8 pts ahead with 5 games to go). Even City nearly lost the title last season after being 8 pts clear (actually 14 pts with Liverpool having 2 games in hand).

You don't have the depth to allow for efficient rotation and may experience big problems at some point. Projecting tendencis from the first half of the season on the 2nd half is a common fallacy among fans. Take Liverpool last season: they dropped 16 (!) pts in the first 19 games and many thought they were out of it. If Liverpool can drop 16 pts over 19 games, Arsenal can easily drop 22 pts over 22 games. Watch this space.

I’ll say 88pts will win it, and it won’t be Arsenal, they’ll blow up around Easter time like always

Arsenal are looking very much like the season Liverpool won the league. Pep has to find a way of beating teams who string 8 players across the box.

Teams may do the same tactic against Arsenal over the second half of the season. We need to stay in touch this month and then the pressure may well be the deciding factor as well as our head to head with them

Arsenal are looking very much like the season Liverpool won the league. Pep has to find a way of beating teams who string 8 players across the box.

Teams may do the same tactic against Arsenal over the second half of the season. We need to stay in touch this month and then the pressure may well be the deciding factor as well as our head to head with them
Maybe, but it also resembles the 2018/19 season. When they never collapsed, but had a few draws but we were able to hunt them down. We had to win our last 14 games to do so (I still pinch myself when I think of that stat) and we likely need a similar sort of run to pull it off this time.

I still think the mini top league of 7 (counting Newcastle) will ultimately produce the winner. If we can get at least 4 points against Arsenal and win the upcoming games at Chelsea and the scum (maybe as a catalyst to a winning streak) then we will stay well in touch.

Arsenal are playing brilliantly to be fair.

This week they play a Newcastle who don’t concede (5 clean sheets in a row) which will be their toughest test in a while.

They also have a run in April/May where they play away at Liverpool, West Ham, City and Newcastle, and Chelsea at home. If we’re within 6/7 points by that time the pressure might get to them.

Arsenal are playing brilliantly to be fair.

This week they play a Newcastle who don’t concede (5 clean sheets in a row) which will be their toughest test in a while.

They also have a run in April/May where they play away at Liverpool, West Ham, City and Newcastle, and Chelsea at home. If we’re within 6/7 points by that time the pressure might get to them.
plus they resume EL too, so would be interesting to see their priorities.

I think if the lead gets to 10 points it'll be very hard to over swing it. It's dawning on me for the first time that we actually might not win the league this season. I think we are, and are going to go through more of a transitional phase with a new style of play (Haaland) and more new faces coming in. As long as it's only Arsenal and not the dippers or rags I can live with that for a year. I can't remember us having 2 homes games on the bounce like that for a long time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.