The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
plus they resume EL too, so would be interesting to see their priorities.
I think they’ll play the kids in their remaining EL games. They’d be mad to prioritise that.

The benefit to us, if they stay in it for a few more rounds, is that they’ll likely play a few games on the Sunday, after we’ve already played. That pressure can crack teams.

I think we'll hit 80-84 points on the current season - the season that's been very strange so far - performances and the teams we played so far.
We are actually not doing so bad if you compare the number of points in the first 16 games for all seasons under Pep. We have more points than in 16/17 and 19/20 when we didn't win titles. But on the other side I don't remember easiest schedule in the first part of the season and considering that, we underperformed. And the goals conceded are in the bracket of those two seasons when we didn't win the title. And on the top of that Arsenal is doing to us what we've been doing to Liverpool for some time now.

The only reason I still think we have a chance is what we've done in previous seasons, but to be honest there's nothing I've seen this season that makes me think we can win a title with a solid opponent as we have in arsenal.

I think it's a season of transition, and Pep is struggling to let go of false 9 football and seems to be trying to compensate for haaland replacing a false 9 by favoring wingers who keep the ball rather than threaten consistently. If Mahrez was scoring this year like he was last year maybe we get away with this or if grealish was more impactful. But it worries me. They are doing what pep wants in terms of possession and he's forgiving them for not doing anything in the box as a consequence.

It’s hardly surprising to see us look a bit flat in the league this season. It’s human nature to take your foot off the gas after winning back to back league titles.

It’s pretty obvious everyone at the club wants the champions league more than anything this season.

If arsenal do win the league this season the next test for arteta will be keeping that fire burning and get arsenal going again. Not easy just look how Liverpool and Chelsea faired after winning the league the following season.

Arsenal are dominating games and look dangerous every time they attack, playing lovely little one touch stuff in and around the box. Their goals are spread nicely throughout the team, they have pace in all areas and they’re solid at the back.

Peak City could overhaul them especially given that we still have to play them twice but this team isn’t peak City. We’re not capable of knocking out 11 or 12 wins on the bounce like in our great seasons. It’s quite conceivable that by the time we play them we’ll be ten points behind them and I wouldn’t be surprised to see them tear through our ageing midfield with ease when we do meet.

Arsenal are dominating games and look dangerous every time they attack, playing lovely little one touch stuff in and around the box. Their goals are spread nicely throughout the team, they have pace in all areas and they’re solid at the back.

Peak City could overhaul them especially given that we still have to play them twice but this team isn’t peak City. We’re not capable of knocking out 11 or 12 wins on the bounce like in our great seasons. It’s quite conceivable that by the time we play them we’ll be ten points behind them and I wouldn’t be surprised to see them tear through our ageing midfield with ease when we do meet.
Correct, I'm not very confident we'll get anything against them atm.

It’s hardly surprising to see us look a bit flat in the league this season. It’s human nature to take your foot off the gas after winning back to back league titles.

It’s pretty obvious everyone at the club wants the champions league more than anything this season.

If arsenal do win the league this season the next test for arteta will be keeping that fire burning and get arsenal going again. Not easy just look how Liverpool and Chelsea faired after winning the league the following season.

I'm sorry, I don't get that myself.

I just don't see how after winning it back to back and having the chance to do 3 in a row, which is so hard and far rarer than a a yearly champions league, anyone would take their foot off anything.

Particularly with the new additions of top players, a goalscorer we were missing, Pep's extension etc.

I just can’t see a team with Xhaka winning a title but then Danny Drinkwater won it.

I think we’ll win it narrowly.

Arsenal will implode.

Wasn't that long ago people were saying exactly the same about Liverpool, and us being incapable of winning 11 or 12 wins in a row.

We went on to win 21 in a row. Went from 9th in the table at New Year, to winning it by like 10 points. Wth the same Liverpool having 6 home defeats and barely making top 4 having been well ahead.

Likewise it was only last year we were 12 points ahead in January, only to barely hold on and win it in the last 15 minutes of the season.

There is just so much left to play for.

I think if we come out of the next 4 games with 9-10 points we’ll be OK.

Keep the faith, blues. We’ve fared through worse in recent years and will do again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.