The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man City lost their identity of goalscoring wingers & getting their wingers into areas for dangerous cut-backs. Liverpool lost their identity of midfield compactness/physicality to sustain wave after wave of pressure. Arsenal gained both concepts & it’s why they’re 7 points clear.
In a nutshell, yes. Arsenal are by far the best team in this league right now.

And that's why English football is the best in the world. It is more competitive here than anywhere despite all the doom-mongering about too much money in the game.
It’s also why it makes me laugh every time someone wins the title and they say that team is “set for a decade of dominance”. Football can turn on it’s head from one season to the next. Nobody saw anyone except City or Liverpool challenging and yet we’re both going to be blown away by Arsenal this season imo.

In a nutshell, yes. Arsenal are by far the best team in this league right now.

The best, OK, but by far the best? Nonsense. Unless under 'right now' you mean the last 3 days or something.

Arsenal have been a bit luckier and more clinical. Stats don't back the impression that they create more and concede fewer chances. If both teams play right now, I'd back City to dominate the game, both home and away. And by 'dominate' I don't mean having more possession, but creating more and conceding fewer chances.

I think we need to all of our games before we play Arsenal who don't look likely to drop points. That's not going to be easy with the fixture list and cups. Also we're on a bit of a tightrope tactically as we can outscore any opposition when we attack but, like Liverpool today, we're susceptible to the counter against the teams we'd be expected to beat.

If we can keep within this 7 point margin then we need to beat them (obviously) to make it 4 which is when it gets tense for them. We;d then need to keep a winning streak going till we play them again. 1 point in it. But we're now heavily reliant on them dropping points and us going on a winning run we've done before.

I think we need to all of our games before we play Arsenal who don't look likely to drop points. That's not going to be easy with the fixture list and cups. Also we're on a bit of a tightrope tactically as we can outscore any opposition when we attack but, like Liverpool today, we're susceptible to the counter against the teams we'd be expected to beat.

If we can keep within this 7 point margin then we need to beat them (obviously) to make it 4 which is when it gets tense for them. We;d then need to keep a winning streak going till we play them again. 1 point in it. But we're now heavily reliant on them dropping points and us going on a winning run we've done before.
Arsenal look strong but I’d be surprised if they don’t drop points before we go there in February. Their games between now and then are:
Newcastle (home)
Tottenham (away)
United (home)
Everton (away)
Brentford (home)
So three games against top four contenders (one of which is a derby) plus two against teams that we know only too well can be problematic. If they take maximum points from that lot, I’ll tip my hat to them and just hope that we’re up to the task of pushing them all the way.

Last edited:
Arsenal look strong but I’d be surprised if they don’t drop points before we go there in February. Their games between now and then are:
Newcastle (home)
Tottenham (away)
United (home)
Everton (away)
Brentford (home)
So three games against top four contenders and two against teams that we know only too well can be problematic. If they take maximum points from that lot, I’ll tip my hat to them and just hope that we’re up to the task of pushing them all the way.
If they win all those and then turn us over then there's really not a lot you can do apart from keep them honest till the end of the season, but they'd be worthy champions. If they drop points in 2 or even 1 of the next 3, and we manage to win ours by hook or by crook, it's more than back on, and I think we can only get better as players hit their stride and Pep figures out how to maximize our new style.

Newcastle (home)
Tottenham (away)
United (home)
Everton (away)
Brentford (home)
So three games against top four contenders (one of which is a derby) plus two against teams that we know only too well can be problematic. If they take maximum points from that lot, I’ll tip my hat to them and just hope that we’re up to the task of pushing them all the way.
And in that time we play Chelsea, Rags, Spurs x2, Wolves & Villa, I’d take a two point swing in that period knowing we still have to play them twice

Newcastle (home)
Tottenham (away)
United (home)
Everton (away)
Brentford (home)
I'd also be surprised if we don't drop points as well, our run in is very tough.

Arsenal are currently running on target for 103 points.

Does anyone think they can keep that up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.