The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Arsenal are currently running on target for 103 points.

Does anyone think they can keep that up?
I still can't quite believe that City did and Liverpool got very close to 100, it's bonkers really, so no I don't think Arsenal will do it. I can see them getting 95ish, though. Worth stressing our form is fine, and even good, in any season before Pep got to England and ripped up the rule book.

No, but they’re good for low 90’s in points I reckon and that will win them the league.

We're on target for 85 after a bad start.

So if Arsenal are on target for low 90's we would overtake them with any improvement at all really, or just carrying on like this but winning the head to head matches.

They've been brilliant so far. They were unlucky to lose against United as well. Things will change when the pressure ramps up. Arteta is managing the squad well, they've got a lot of players in form and they're managing without Jesus really well. It's a young squad playing with freedom, but how will performances change when pressure increases. That title talk will only grow and the opposition will be fighting for European places/survival and ramp things up - it's then when it becomes a real test.

I'd imagine they'll have a difficult patch at some point, and I'd be surprised if they got to 90pts to be honest, even after this start. It's whether we can improve enough to beat them. We don't look good in all honesty. We haven't all season. Sloppy defending, a lack of intensity and a failure to balance finding Haaland with our usual ability to create chances and control games. Pep will get that to click at some point and if we go on a winning run we'll be above them. 6pts to play for between us means the season has a long way to go yet. The next 7 league games for both sides will give us a better picture.

They will drop points for sure, but so will we I also wouldn't be surprised if we drop points when we play them as well.

Yeah that's bollocks though.

Overtake without any improvement at all, if they maintain their form, sure, yes that adds up.

We need to improve, and they need to slip up. Both of which can and might well happen over the length of what's left. We are nowhere near out if it. But it is by no means a given it is ours either.

And the cheap bravado is just that.
He didn't say 'without'

We're on target for 85 after a bad start.

So if Arsenal are on target for low 90's we would overtake them with any improvement at all really, or just carrying on like this but winning the head to head matches.
An indication of how long there is left - if we'd won against Everton we'd be on target for 90.

Still a long, long way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.