The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough, I did misread that.

Still a stretch to maintain the bravado, but at least not an unbelievable one.
I think the point is we are playing a touch under par (2.45 points per game last season vs 2.25 so far), and Arsenal massively over par (2.69). If we improve a little bit, which is possible, and Arsenal fall off a little bit, as everyone is predicting they will, then we really aren't as far off them as it looks. I don't think that's bravado per se, just an honest assessment of where we are at. Or we accept that Arsenal will get close to 100, which as we all know is almost impossible to keep pace with.

I think the point is we are playing a touch under par (2.45 points per game last season vs 2.25 so far), and Arsenal massively over par (2.69). If we improve a little bit, which is possible, and Arsenal fall off a little bit, as everyone is predicting they will, then we really aren't as far off them as it looks. I don't think that's bravado per se, just an honest assessment of where we are at. Or we accept that Arsenal will get close to 100, which as we all know is almost impossible to keep pace with.

It is bravado in the sense that we are now talking about whether arsenal will achieve 100 points, or low 90s, in the same dismissive manner we were a couple of weeks saying no way will they hit the 80s because they only managed however many last season. And still obviously taking it for granted we will get as high as 90+.

But otherwise, you are right, and I have never disagreed with our chances nor claimed it over at any point.

We aren't that far off arsenal. We are yet to play them, also they've had the benefit of hardly no injuries and have managed to play near identical team everygame. We've just got to up a performances and start putting wins on the board.

End of the season that Liverpool won it. Even that year, we were favourites right up until March I think when they really built up a gap.
Yeah thought that might be it
The shockers v Brentford and Everton have needlessly piled a lot of pressure on Thursday
We’ll likely be 10 behind Arsenal and only three ahead of the Stretford clown car by 10pm tonight
That latter is probably an even worse indictment of our form than the former

Yeah thought that might be it
The shockers v Brentford and Everton have needlessly piled a lot of pressure on Thursday
We’ll likely be 10 behind Arsenal and only three ahead of the Stretford clown car by 10pm tonight
That latter is probably an even worse indictment of our form than the former
We will only be a point ahead of United when they beat Bournemouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.