The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
We aren't that far off arsenal. We are yet to play them, also they've had the benefit of hardly no injuries and have managed to play near identical team everygame. We've just got to up a performances and start putting wins on the board.
Arteta looked like he was feeling the pressure of being at the top tonight. Next match will show a lot of both us and them.

It's very possible that after the derby, the rags are above us.
Now that's depressing.

Go for the jugular now City. Didn't see much in Arsenal tonight so put them under pressure.

I hope the other teams were watching. Neville picked up on a key to their tactics which is for Odegaard and Xhaka to try and entice the full back closer to the CB and out of position to allow space for Martinelli and Saka. They did it well for 10 minutes before Burn in particular figured it out and Newcastle got a midfielder sitting in those areas as extra cover. From then on they ran out of ideas really.

Our performance against Everton gives me no confidence at all for the rest of the season.

I agree we were poor (as we were against Brentford) but we can only hope it's Pep limping through lesser games with a lesser team to keep powder dry for the big games. Everyone knows Grealish and Mahrez on the wings doesn't work and no Fodem reduces our energy ams threat hugely so I suspect we'll see more of Foden and Alvarez as the season goes on giving us more of the energy we sorely lacked against Everton. Gundo seems to be being nursed along too. I didn't see anything from Arse or Newcastle last night to think that we weren't better than them if we get to anywhere near our level.

Our performance against Everton gives me no confidence at all for the rest of the season.
Wow!
So because we didn’t win one game you have no confidence
Four league titles is 5 years
four league cups in the last 5 years
Champions league final
Best manager on the world
and your losing confidence over one Everton game

Tonight was their first big game under pressure and it showed. Nervous crowd, erratic challenges, Arteta losing his wig…

I think they’re a very good side but I don’t think they’re quite ready to win the league.

Our result on Thursday will either panic them or offer them the excessive breathing room they need. Must win game.

Yet they moved 8 points clear. With us playing Chelsea to change that and even then still 5 points clear.

That, I think has been part of the problem, we haven't put them under enough pressure and they have been able to play freely.

They could have been playing the last game before the world cup to stay on top, but we lost to brentford. Going away to a tricky brighton and we dropped points to Everton.

For them to feel the pressure, which is something everyone seems to think would affect them, we need to start closing the gap, and winning games before they play.

We have two now before they play again. Both tough games, but IF we win those two, gap down to 2 points. Then, they might well feel the pressure. If we don't though, they will have a fair boost of belief going into their tougher games.

I agree we were poor (as we were against Brentford) but we can only hope it's Pep limping through lesser games with a lesser team to keep powder dry for the big games. Everyone knows Grealish and Mahrez on the wings doesn't work and no Fodem reduces our energy ams threat hugely so I suspect we'll see more of Foden and Alvarez as the season goes on giving us more of the energy we sorely lacked against Everton. Gundo seems to be being nursed along too. I didn't see anything from Arse or Newcastle last night to think that we weren't better than them if we get to anywhere near our level.
I think it's definitely a motivation thing human nature I guess. How can they put in that extra yard of effort when they can think f**k it we've won this 4 times already

I think it's definitely a motivation thing human nature I guess. How can they put in that extra yard of effort when they can think f**k it we've won this 4 times already

Motivation is breaking records, they could equal the record of 3 in a row for titles. Then go for 4 in a row which has never been done in English football. Seeing that gimp Jordan Henderson lifting the title knocked me sick, hopefully that’s the motivation that keeps our squad turning up season after season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.