The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I watched Liverpool today, bang average and lucky to get the ref to give them enough time to equalise against the mighty Luton. Spuds haven’t had many top teams so far. If we can keep our top guys fit and injury free, no team can play like we do, even without De Bruyne, Haaland, we still have Foden, Bernado, Doku, Rodri, and others, good times for City fans
to be fair spurs have had a tougher run than us, 5 of top 10, united, arsenal and liverpool, then away to palace and brentford where we have struggled.

I still don't know who our biggest challenger is. Liverpool's defence isn't convincing and Nunez is back to his old form. Arsenal struggle to create anything. The new manager bounce at Spurs will wear off soon. An injury to Rodri is more of a threat than any of these teams.

It’s still way to early to call although teams are starting to group but as always some teams will drop back and some that have bad starts will start to gain ground

In the next 4 weeks we play Liverpool and Spurs at home and Villa away. I fancy us to beat anyone at home, but these 2 games against Spurs and Liverpool will be tough and Villa away won't be easy. 7 points out of 9 would be a more than decent return out of these 3 games, fingers crossed.
Feels to me like we have a nice 3 point. buffer on Liverpool and arsenal so if we do drop points we are still pretty much at the top
But if we actually win the next four we really might start to pull away
We are definitely in it, I just hope we go on a bit of a run now

24 points from the first 10 games is the 3rd highest in the 8 seasons of Pep and the 4th highest since the takeover.

How mad do the goals for and against look in the 2 best starts - 2011/2012 and 2017/2018.

View attachment 97239
Whats interesting is that Pep seems to have taken a deliberate pacing approach in last 3 years, possibly to prioritise the UCL. Its worked, rthis seasons tally possibly due to kinder fixtures ...bodes well as we should be at full fitness and match speed this month.

A great weekend for us so far with all of our rivals dropping points. I still see Liverpool as the main threat. Arteta's far too unstable. We've got another 4 tricky PL fixtures to come - Chelsea A, Liverpool H, Spurs H and Villa A but hopefully can win them all and be clear at the top.

I was looking at our end of season run earlier, prior to the final 4 games we're involved in a monster period from Feb-April which aside from Bournemouth A and Luton H includes; Chelsea H, Rags H, Dippers A, Brighton A, Arsenal H, Villa H, Palace A and Spurs A.

Balancing that with the CL knockouts will be a challenge. The sort of run dreamt up at PL HQ to crown a new champion! We needed to click earlier this season, and fortunately none of our rivals look capable of consistency at the moment.

I still don't know who our biggest challenger is. Liverpool's defence isn't convincing and Nunez is back to his old form. Arsenal struggle to create anything. The new manager bounce at Spurs will wear off soon. An injury to Rodri is more of a threat than any of these teams.

I think we will win it. To beat City you have to have a big lead after the first 10 games or so while we are sorting ourselves out and the starting fixtures were kind to us so that hasn’t happened. It’s too late now as we have gone up a gear.

Our nearest challenger will be Liverpool and then Arsenal….two very good teams. I don’t see anyone else despite Spurs still being unbeaten with a good Manager.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.