The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just feels like we have . Think I'd convinced myself we had given how pissed off I've been tonight, hence the typo. Nothing worse than being in a winning position and squandering it. Just want that ruthlessness back. Urghh.
Yeah - It feels like a loss to me too. It felt like we were on top throughout and we had so many more chances.

We're not 100%, but frankly we're a point of the top, went to Arsenal and saw them win with a lucky deflection and should have beaten Liverpool easily today.

I don't see any of our opponents being capable of the kind of form that Liverpool showed in the Covid season, or Arsenal in the first half of last season. It might be a title race where we actually get a few ups and downs, and don't need to win 20 in a row.

It's a marathon, not a sprint and we all know how it ended up for Arsenal. FA Cup is their best bet to win anything this season.

I’m still calm
Only worried about Liverpool and think we’re a much better team as we saw today

Need to go on a winning run soon though

Not good enough at the moment. 1 win against teams we've played in the top 6. That team being a not very match sharp Newcastle. Sloppy and mentally blunt at the moment. If we don't win the Spurs game at home I'd feel very nervous about us winning the title again. We'd have to go to Anfield, Spuds and St James and come away with 7 points min. Can't see us doing that. Set of absolute melts at the moment our lot. Sort it the fuck out City!
Calm down fella, we haven't played at our peak yet, for a number of reasons, but we're 2nd!

We haven't got the rewards, points wise, but we've played well at times and we haven't played a team, yet, who is better than us.

We played well today, especially 1st half, we just didn't take our chances!

Yeah - It feels like a loss to me too. It felt like we were on top throughout and we had so many more chances.

We're not 100%, but frankly we're a point of the top, went to Arsenal and saw them win with a lucky deflection and should have beaten Liverpool easily today.

I don't see any of our opponents being capable of the kind of form that Liverpool showed in the Covid season, or Arsenal in the first half of last season. It might be a title race where we actually get a few ups and downs, and don't need to win 20 in a row.
feels like a defeat Pep looked more relieved than goofy at full time Still can’t work us out been nowhere near our best but still up there Not that it matters cos it seems the Arse have wrapped it up after a stunning win at Brentford Ah well

We are not going to win the title the way we are curently playing , we are giving possession away , we are giving opposition midfielders too much time and space and our defence are making too many basic errors.
We need KDB & Stones back in the team ASAP , they give us control and creativity , playing Akanji in the Stones role just isnt working and Alavarez is a striker trying to make a fist of replacing the best midfield player around . If we can keep within a couple of points of the leaders and get our players fit we will waltz this title race after Xmas.

games like today we really miss Gundo, Mahrez, KDB.

we didnt even replace Mahrez as we got Doku who is replacing Grealish lol.

having said that its good we went for Doku and got him as if we didnt, the summer window would look quite mediocre given who we lost and who we got.

still think after a treble win we should have went out and bring in heavy hitters, currently a very young, very raw Doku is the only one being close to be a heavy hitter and we are lucky with him as he is way ahead of "schedule"

a lot depends on how KDB comes back, can he stay fit, can he hit top form soon etc. too much quality is out with him and Gundo from the midfield which was crucial in our success last few seasons.

with less control in midfield and upfront defence facing more questions and we are unable to get clean sheets in harder games. we were unable too keep chelsea under 4 goals who is struggling a lot this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.