The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's embarrassing and entitled. Pathetic, in fact. We're one point off the top having had a midfield injury epidemic all season, key departures and new arrivals bedding in, and come off the back of a mentally and physically exhausting treble. This team hasn't even got going yet, plus we have two world class players still to return from injury.

Have some bloody faith and respect for this manager and team.
Roll us your cap.

Not good enough at the moment. 1 win against teams we've played in the top 6. That team being a not very match sharp Newcastle. Sloppy and mentally blunt at the moment. If we don't win the Spurs game at home I'd feel very nervous about us winning the title again. We'd have to go to Anfield, Spuds and St James and come away with 7 points min. Can't see us doing that. Set of absolute melts at the moment our lot. Sort it the fuck out City!
Better than being a wet lettuce i suppose !:(

We'll be fine. We're nowhere near our best (Pep doing the typical tinkering in some games to figure out his best team and system), we haven't had KDB or Stones for most of the season yet were still there. We dominated Liverpool today and with a bit of firepower off the bench I think we'd have scored another to finish it. Their goal was a good goal, but came from nowhere.

If we can get 4pts out of our next two we'll be in a good spot with Liverpool and Arsenal still having to play each other twice and some tougher fixtures for them to come.

Anytime I start to get worked up about results this season I remember we pretty much completed football last season so whatever happens happens.

Which I guess goes to show how hard it is to keep the motivation going for the players and how fucking good we’ve been to keep it going.

For me that's our toughest home fixture...and we didn't lose it. Yep, disappointing we didn't win but so it goes.

Arsenal and Liverpool yet to play each other. We're nowhere near our best and still working out how to make the best of new players, plus we have our injuries and we are traditional 'slow starters'. Fully expect us to get better whilst still not being more than a few points off the top, at most, over the next couple of months.

It's embarrassing and entitled. Pathetic, in fact. We're one point off the top having had a midfield injury epidemic all season, key departures and new arrivals bedding in, and come off the back of a mentally and physically exhausting treble. This team hasn't even got going yet, plus we have two world class players still to return from injury.

Have some bloody faith and respect for this manager and team.

Yep and if we are there at the end and just miss out for the first time ever of the title, That's Football..

Just feels like we have . Think I'd convinced myself we had given how pissed off I've been tonight, hence the typo. Nothing worse than being in a winning position and squandering it. Just want that ruthlessness back. Urghh.
It will come. As disappointing as it is, nobody in the league can play football like we did today. There is loads more to come from City. Loads. Forget everything that has happened thus far this season - one point off the top with 25 games to go. Refreshed and rejuvenated Stones and KDB to return. January transfer window to come. Unbelievable winning streaks in the last five years taking place in the following months:

18/19 - January-May
20/21 - December-March
21/22 - November-January
22/23 - March-May

Think we can do it?

We'll be fine. We're nowhere near our best (Pep doing the typical tinkering in some games to figure out his best team and system), we haven't had KDB or Stones for most of the season yet were still there. We dominated Liverpool today and with a bit of firepower off the bench I think we'd have scored another to finish it. Their goal was a good goal, but came from nowhere.

If we can get 4pts out of our next two we'll be in a good spot with Liverpool and Arsenal still having to play each other twice and some tougher fixtures for them to come.

Yeah if we had stones fit and starting today I have no doubt we would of won comfortably

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.