The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I see a lot of people are confident that we’ll go on a run, I’m not so sure. We’re worse in almost every metric, we’re conceding more, scoring less and as a consequence have less points. What’s more is we’re throwing points away late on. We’re really struggling to close out matches.

In general we just look a little off, sloppy at times and our intensity drops late on. As a result we don’t score many late goals but we concede them.

We’re not dead yet but we need to find a shape that works and figure out whether Nunes or Kovacic fit or where to play Gvardiol. I always back Pep to sort it but it feels like 19/20, when we lost Kompany and then Laporte was ruled out for most of the season. This year we lost Gundogan and lost KDB in the first match. We were ok initially but the loss of Doku and Haaland have been a bridge too far.

Villa fan in peace. Think it'll be you lot or Liverpool to be honest, Arsenal will choke in March.

Watched your game v Palace today and you have to mark it down as an aberration. Dominate a team like that and 9/10 times you win. Probably more.

I'd be delighted with 4th for us, but just to counter some comments about us being a flavour of the month or similar to Spurs, check the league table for calendar year 2023. Not saying it'll hold but Emery has done an unbelievable job since taking over.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-12-16-14-58-36-692-edit_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-12-16-14-58-36-692-edit_com.android.chrome.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 5
I remember feeling similarly dead and buried going into the world cup last year, but ultimately if you are relying on hitting your stride in the spring every year eventually you're going to lose a title race. It could have been last season, it might be this one, it might be next year.

If we do miss out due to us being late getting up to speed then so beit. Just make sure we give it a good go in the final stretch (or at least win the FA Cup or a longer shot the Champions League)

71q+BAoeDsL._UX250_.jpg

If we do miss out due to us being late getting up to speed then so beit.
The prerogative is getting champions league football.
We might fall short of retaining the title, due to our personal performances and several teams currently playing well, but it is essential that we finish in the top 4.

I think the Premier league title is between ourselves, Arsenal and Liverpool but any of this 3 slipping up could let Newcastle Spurs Villa etc. sneak in.

The prerogative is getting champions league football.
We might fall short of retaining the title, due to our personal performances and several teams currently playing well, but it is essential that we finish in the top 4.

I think the Premier league title is between ourselves, Arsenal and Liverpool but any of this 3 slipping up could let Newcastle Spurs Villa etc. sneak in.
We will be fine in qualifying for next season's Champions League although we still have to keep KDB, Haaland and Doku fit for the run in.

We be fine in qualifying for next season's Champions League although we still have to keep both KDB and Haaland fit for the run in.
I hope you are right.
dippers, villa, spuds are sneaking around at the top and are teams that didn't qualify for this years champions league.

I hope you are right.
dippers, villa, spuds are sneaking around at the top and are teams that didn't qualify for this years champions league.
Another thing is our rivals aren't better either. We got to find a way in keeping fully switched throughout the game and really change a habit of a life time and improve our finshing.

Last edited:
This was only the 2nd genuinely bad result we’ve had this season, the first being Wolves. No need to panic, a shitload of points still to play for, no outstanding rival and the main ones we have both carry heavy emotional baggage of disastrous / heartbreaking title run ins

I think we come back from our welcome break in the Middle East refreshed mentally and ready to get on a run again as we enter a part of the season that always sees us become stronger conditioning wise as our rivals fitness deteriorates.

It’s only natural for fans of a certain age to be gloomy about our prospects, but we should take comfort in the fact that the vast majority of fans of other clubs are absolutely petrified of City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.