The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It’s all down to poor transfers. A lot of our greats have moved on and whilst we managed to get some top signings, Haaland obviously but also a few seasons ago like Rodri, Gundo, Mahrez, we haven’t been ruthless or ambitious enough to then replace those last two, and haven‘t got any leaders or any attacker with real pace.

It seems we give up on a player if another team bids instead of going toe to toe as treble winners and giving Pep what he needs. I’ve always hated this ‘holistic’ approach, it’s making things harder than they need to be. Now even the likes of Villa and Spurs are catching us up when we should be like Bayern are in their league. We’re too ‘nice’, and too relaxed about battling for the very best signings. The only way to stay ahead is to sign better players. Money always talks, especially to agents, and I reckon if we threw enough of it about we could always get a player over anyone else in this league.

Just had a quick look back at the title race thread from last season, and I must say, it is an entertaining read.

Looked at the posts from around November last year, and there were various posts about how Pep is messing around with CB pairings, how we don't look like going on a decent run as we have in previous seasons, and that we don't seem to have the same desire ad the previous season.

It's literally rinse and repeat of what is in here at the moment.

34 pts after 17 games is the lowest under peps reign. We won it with 35 but we won our last 14 games. Not a chance were doing that this year.
only consolation is i think a lower total than recent times wins it this season. We have our work cut out.

34 pts after 17 games is the lowest under peps reign. We won it with 35 but we won our last 14 games. Not a chance were doing that this year.
only consolation is i think a lower total than recent times wins it this season. We have our work cut out.
Think you could be right. I don’t think Liverpool or Arsenal are that great though. We will need to be near perfect and a win at Klanfield and against Arsenal at home are absolute musts. Also will likely need to win at St James and Spurs.

Just had a quick look back at the title race thread from last season, and I must say, it is an entertaining read.

Looked at the posts from around November last year, and there were various posts about how Pep is messing around with CB pairings, how we don't look like going on a decent run as we have in previous seasons, and that we don't seem to have the same desire ad the previous season.

It's literally rinse and repeat of what is in here at the moment.
That’s reassuring tbh …. also we had the World Cup break to distract us.

Chances are we’ll be 9pts adrift by the time we play an inform Everton.

Let’s just get this Trophy won in Dubai, 5 in a Calendar year will be unprecedented after all.

We are playing some good football, what seems to be missing is controlling counters and game management in the last 10 minutes, something we were the best at until the last month,no reason to think we won’t sort both those issues out whether it’s quick enough for this season we’ll see.
You are right composure has gone from our game. If we had held on at Chelsea I reckon we win all the matches after that. It has knocked our confidence massively.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.