The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just had a quick look back at the title race thread from last season, and I must say, it is an entertaining read.

Looked at the posts from around November last year, and there were various posts about how Pep is messing around with CB pairings, how we don't look like going on a decent run as we have in previous seasons, and that we don't seem to have the same desire ad the previous season.

It's literally rinse and repeat of what is in here at the moment.
And Pep hasn't even got to his master tinkering of the season: the inverted goalkeeper wingback.

I remember what was said last year I was on here. You should at least acknowledge the difference in the team between this year and last year.
If someone gave you a grand and said it had to be placed on City Arsenal or Liverpool and you kept the winnings, Who would you put it on?

Think you could be right. I don’t think Liverpool or Arsenal are that great though. We will need to be near perfect and a win at Klanfield and against Arsenal at home are absolute musts. Also will likely need to win at St James and Spurs.
I think people underestimate Arsenal. Where exactly are they weak? They've got pace and physicality all over the pitch. I wasn't that disappointed in missing out on Rice in the summer, but I see why we wanted him now. I still think our best alternative would be sitting Nunes next to Rodri.

If someone gave you a grand and said it had to be placed on City Arsenal or Liverpool and you kept the winnings, Who would you put it on?
We seem to have lost our way. I think we're all expecting it to be fine when Kev gets back but it'll take a couple of months for him to really get going and by then we could be out of sight. So many issues with our squad at the moment and the one thing we were so good at was game management has seemingly gone out of the window. Arsenal look like they have a complete team with a spine consisting of two brilliant central defenders, two outstanding central midfielders with two out and out wingers with only Zinchenko as a weakness. The interchange and movement today was very City like. Liverpool look very strong too so it's difficult to say who I'd put my money on. At a push I'd say Arsenal but you just never know it with football.

Last edited:
I think people underestimate Arsenal. Where exactly are they weak? They've got pace and physicality all over the pitch. I wasn't that disappointed in missing out on Rice in the summer, but I see why we wanted him now. I still think our best alternative would be sitting Nunes next to Rodri.
No CF average fullbacks and raya is poor. Saliba decent but other cab options aren’t great.

Last year at this time I had all my money on City. I had full confidence we would catch Arsenal.

This year I’d probably have to bet on the field. I’d lean toward Liverpool right now. It pains me to type that, but we have dug ourselves a pretty substantial hole in the title race. I hope this team surprises me, but we haven’t done a good job of staying float until the arrival of Kevin.

I have no problem with you betting on our club to make a comeback, but you got to at least understand why people are concerned. Our defense is miles off of where it was last year.

I think we all realize now what an impact Gundo had on Rodri and vice versa. Two very intelligent footballers.Arsenal now have that with Odegaard and Rice. Odegaard was sensational today.

Last edited:
Nowhere near out if it yet.
I'll know when we are done when I start wanting arsenal to win to stop Liverpool winning it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.