The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think it is just a freak season to be honest. Liverpool have the story of Jurgen Flopp leaving, we have the 4 continuous Premier league story and Arsenal have the reinvented team through Arteta thing going on and seem to have built upon the failures from last season. But I am sure there will be another drama/bizarre game week yet as there is no way all 3 are winning every game until the end of the season. I am struggling to recall an intense 3 way title race.

As I remember it — and I'm a bit hazy, because it is a long time ago — '68 was very open till close to the end, with about three teams plausibly in it. Was it maybe even four?

As I remember it — and I'm a bit hazy, because it is a long time ago — '68 was very open till close to the end, with about three teams plausibly in it. Was it maybe even four?
Yep, dippers were only a point behind the rags and Leeds weren't far behind in 4th place. With about 3 games to go, any one of 4 could have won it.

I think it is just a freak season to be honest. Liverpool have the story of Jurgen Flopp leaving, we have the 4 continuous Premier league story and Arsenal have the reinvented team through Arteta thing going on and seem to have built upon the failures from last season. But I am sure there will be another drama/bizarre game week yet as there is no way all 3 are winning every game until the end of the season. I am struggling to recall an intense 3 way title race.
2013/14 was an equally close 3 team race at this stage of the season between us, dippers and chelski if I recall correctly. Chelsea had a shock defeat at home to Sunderland with 3 games to go and then beat the dippers away to let us in

didnt realise the arse have to play the rags, historic results say thay can beat them but thats about it, 21 points to go at between 3 very good sides and only one winner, dosnt matter how good any of the 3 sides are because even the best of the best will get turned over at some point, just like city in previous title winning seasons, so wouldnt raise an eybrow if villa beat arsenal or draw next week the same with united v liverpool tomorrow, we must win our remaining games and if we do we will most likely be champions again, remember there is 21 points to win and 21 points to drop, there will be a few twists and turns for all 3 sides in the next few weeks

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.